What's new

Guys need help

Nekitlp

Hi forum, just became an owner of this awesome pad. But i faced a problem. My surface got to low battery level ( 20 % ) and i started charging it. There was an icon of charging and diod on th connector blinked - but the battery level was still falling down. Pls help guys, waht to do.

OP
N

Nekitlp

Can it be cause of i connected it to adapter ( standart chrager - american, but i needed european )? But i tested it on two adapters.

GoodBytes

The power adapter of the Surface Pro support all region (100V to 240V), so that is not it.
It could be faulty, either the Surface Pro 2 or the power adapter.

What i would do, as this a new device, is to return the device, and order a new one, and not pass through warranty (else you'll end up with a refurbished, and it would suck to have paid full price for a refurbished).

jrapdx

Hi forum, just became an owner of this awesome pad. But i faced a problem. My surface got to low battery level ( 20 % ) and i started charging it. There was an icon of charging and diod on th connector blinked - but the battery level was still falling down. Pls help guys, waht to do.

Not an expert by any means, but sounds like problems going on a few months back with SP2. First, have you applied the firmware updates issued to this point? If not, doing so could solve the problem.

Second, you could try the "volume up button" trick. Shut down the SP2. Wait 30 sec., then press and hold the volume up button and power button. Keep both pressed for 30 sec. The screen will flash momentarily. After releasing the buttons, wait another 30 sec. and power on the computer. With any luck, charging will proceed in a "normal" fashion.

Anyway, if none of that helps, you may need to call tech support or return it to where you bought it, if that's possible.

Zkyevolved

I'd try all these things that the other members are saying (like reverting updates, or updating everything), checking the converter, and if all else fails, I'd return it and order another one. You don't want a refurb in the first few days that you buy the device!