What's new

Haha Stupid Apple and it's iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipaq_101

http://www.cnet.com/news/will-it-bend-iphone-6-takes-a-turn-for-the-worse/

I have been using Android phones since they came out, from small screens to large screens, not once did they bend...thinner ain't always better! Would you rather have a sleek sexy phone that bends in your pocket or one that is a tad bit thicker and lasts just as long?

Apple's response will be....it's your fault for putting the iPhone in your pocket, how dare you!

**This is in the off topic area so go ahead and let me have it!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
They've also figured out what to do with the bent I-Phones that come back...rebrand them and sell them for a premium:

Phone Designer's photo.jpg

HarnessTech

I've accidentally left my Note 3 (with a flimsy plastic case on it) in my back pocket and sat on it many times. It's still like new.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Samsung is supposed to be working on a foldable tablet... in a phone I guess that would be a flip phone :) or maybe it could roll up. is it too thin??? Or not thin and flexible enough :confused:

Bendgate was proposed as a name for this debacle but I think it time to leave gate behind and go with something more current like Bendghazi.

Lobo

Any 5 year old would assume that things break easier the more delicate they are.

Yet, here comes the Windows army laughing at the hen, because somebody broke her egg while mindlessly carrying it in a pocket.

While I've only been aboard for a few weeks, initially I had the impression of a board drawing more of a business minded crowd instead of a hoard of fanboys with a mod leading the parade. Oh my.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Any 5 year old would assume that things break easier the more delicate they are.

Yet, here comes the Windows army laughing at the hen, because somebody broke her egg while mindlessly carrying it in a pocket.

While I've only been aboard for a few weeks, initially I had the impression of a board drawing more of a business minded crowd instead of a hoard of fanboys with a mod leading the parade. Oh my.
Lobos... we're both to a certain degree. I make my living on Microsoft Technology by choice, as they are my Preferred Platform. As someone who believes its the superior choice and to see Google and Apple implement features or devices that have been in the Microsoft ecosystem for ages to see users and tech press go all giddy gets annoying and every Microsoft misstep gets escalated into the Microsoft Behemoth is a laggard of yesteryear.... Apple may have sold 10 Million iPhones but over 1 billion users use Windows....

Also Apple's response is don't leave the phone in tour pocket????? Its like the antenna issue all over again, but they will get a pass they always do.....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

Any 5 year old would realize everyone has a little fun once in a while in an off topic thread and know better than to impugn with inflammatory name calling. :D

Lobo

In other news... Apple releases updates to iOS 8 to fix bugs and breaks cell service plus TouchID. DOH!

OH My!

Now THAT is a joke really. You'd think Apple's got one of those iPhones lying around in order to run that update before releasing it. MAJOR /facepalm.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

There is a reason this discussion is in the off topic area.

The hoard of MS fanboys on this forum have tried to help you with your problems, so don't insult them while you are here looking for help.

Clearly you are a mac user (you have mentioned this before) and when apple does something wrong, it's easy for you to make excuses for them. You are right in saying that a 5 year should know the more delicate things are the easier things break, but at the same time, any user that shells out $750 for a phone should assume that their phone won't bend permanently when they put it in their pockets. Samsung, HTC, LG and Nokia have never had this problem with their phablets.

I have been on macrumors and other apple forums and they haven't taken it easy on Android or MS and particularly the SP3, their criticism is unending.

Sorry you had the impression that this was a don't talk crap about apple forum....spare me your outrage.

Oh My!

Lobo

@jnjroach thank you for the measured response.

Now, to me Microsoft is certainly not the superior choice, but I try to be objective and base my judgement on past experiences. Of course, I also re-evaluate from time to time, hence the Sp3.

While Apple deservedly remains on top of my list for reliability, I certainly don't blindly hail all things either, though. When there's something wrong, I put my finger in the wound, too.

And yes, some of Apple's famous outpourings do lack substance ("Hey, look, iPhone's got Copy & Paste now! Wow!" has me shaking my head, too) .

I just don't get the revelation of fragile things breaking, a similar phone from any other manufacturer would suffer the same damages in a comparable situation. That's a bit like buying a very delicate pair of glasses and being totally puzzled that they bend more easily than those with a thicker frame. Comes with the territory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.