What's new

Haha Stupid Apple and it's iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobo

There is a reason this discussion is in the off topic area.

The hoard of MS fanboys on this forum have tried to help you with your problems, so don't insult them while you are here looking for help.

Helping folks out is awesome and I give back whenever I'm able to. I just didn't know that would put me under a gag order.

Clearly you are a mac user (you have mentioned this before) and when apple does something wrong, it's easy for you to make excuses for them.

Of course I'm a Mac user. I'm also a Windows user and a Linux user. Windows has been the least stable platform throughout decades for me, so I'll voice that when the topic comes up.

And I'd rather cut off my hand than defend Apple because it's Apple. It's a company trying to rake in as many Dollars as possible (like any other), not some mysterious bearer of light. Hence, I'm no friend of fanboyism.

You are right in saying that a 5 year should know the more delicate things are the easier things break, but at the same time, any user that shells out $750 for a phone should assume that their phone won't bend permanently when they put it in their pockets. Samsung, HTC, LG and Nokia have never had this problem with their phablets.

I would assume exactly that, most things delicate are also very expensive. Nothing new here. Now, I'm not aware of other phones with a comparable thickness, but the only thing saving them from permanently bending would probably have to be attributed to a different choice of materials.

Thin as the iPhone 6 is, it'll go right into my jacket without a thought. Of course you can't put it in the back pocket of your tightest jeans and sit on concrete!

I have been on macrumors and other apple forums and they haven't taken it easy on Android or MS and particularly the SP3, their criticism is unending.

I tend to hang around other apple forums, where snide remarks about Windows will actually get you slapped, for good reason. The members will do that, it doesn't even takes mods for that. And the last thing on earth they'd do is instigate such behavior.

Sorry you had the impression that this was a don't talk crap about apple forum....spare me your outrage.

Oh My!

I had the impression of a forum embedded in a rather professional setting. That's all.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

This is an open forum for all users, we do our best to weed out the crap and there is tons of it.

This isn't a work environment where you have to be professional, this is an open forum on the internet and as long as comments and discussions are within reason they are allowed to continue and yes, the Mods and Admins decipher what is within reason.

I have visited macrumors and there are plenty of snide comments from mac users, maybe to you they aren't considered snide, but to me they clearly are.

Also many of the iPhone 6 Plus users weren't wearing tight jeans and sitting on their phones on concrete, that is an assumption that you are making.

Bottom line is that there is a major design flaw with the iPhone 6 plus and that discussion is warranted. Dismissing it as you should know better when you buy it is a ridiculous argument for the most expensive phone in the category.

The Note 3 is 1.2 mm thicker, that isn't a huge difference than the iphone 6 plus, take a look at the video below:

Lobo

Well, I already commented an that macrumors board I have no business in. I will continue to baby a pair of glasses for 2.000 $ and you are free to expect them to be ten times more rigid than those for 200.

To put some perspective into your thickness comparison, that 1.2 mm makes up for a 14 % thicker device. I would call that significant.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

The problem is a combination of thickness and length, the iPhone 6 plus is also longer than the note 3 as well, when an item in long and thin, its a recipe disaster.

No one is expecting the iPhone 6 plus to be 10 times more rigid, but if the Note 3 is 14% thicker than the iPhone, shouldn't the rigidity at the very least be in the same ballpark? 14% isn't a lot when you are talking about millimeters, it really isn't, look at a ruler if you are confused.

Anyway I have argued with Apple fanboys before and it is quite endless and pointless, they just like you, always like to point out how fair and objective they are and then throw out the most ridiculous arguments to support their brand.

Beleive what you want, but you cast the first stone calling us fanboys, there went any credibility you had in portraying yourself as objective.

I am a MS and Android fanboy, at least I own it.

Lobo

Yes, the longer part makes it even more delicate to handle. As in watch out for it, it's thin. Do not put in tight pocket. Some like to live in a world where everything needs a sticker, so pets don't end up in microwaves and folks don't leave their RV's driver's seat in order to go cooking dinner, 'cause it wasn't warned about in the manual.

And 14% is a lot, wether it's statistics or material thickness in mm.

N.B.: I own several desktop PCs, Linux boxes, a Hackintosh, an iMac, several MacBooks, several Windows laptops, several generations of iPhones, several Android smart phones (e.g. Note 2), Blackberries etc.

And you know what? Some do certain things better then others. But none of those would make me blindly toot their maker's horn.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

Dude no one buys a $750 phone thinking, hrm this is too delicate, I better not put this in my pants, this is truly a jacket only phone.

You don't need a sticker telling you how to carry a phone because it's an inherent expectation to put any smartphone in any pocket without expecting it to bend. Thin, fat, square, or rectanglar, a properly designed phone should be able to go in most pant pockets. I agree with you that it shouldn't go in hipster skinny jeans or back pockets, but everything else is fair game.

leeshor

Lets all calm down a little. This thread is on the verge of being locked. I think everyone has made their point.

OP
ipaq_101

ipaq_101

Agreed Lee, this thread is going no where quickly, the goal was to have some fun at Apple's expense, as we have been the butt of their jokes for way too long, I think we had some fun. For some people Apple can do no wrong, oh well.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.