hands-on, let down

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Book' started by mtalinm, Oct 8, 2015.

1. mtalinm

mtalinm Active Member

exactly what I observed. ironically, the Surface Pro might be more stable in this way (assuming you have legs long enough to stretch out the kickstand)

2. Kif

Kif Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Screen wobble is a deal killer for me. I'm super sensitive to screen wobble on high DPI screens. It's hard enough for me to read small text when it's completely stationary.

mtalinm likes this.
  3. callihan_44

callihan_44 Member

the yoga is an excellent laptop, and I personally like it equally to the surface pro. With all the different modes you can place it in (stand mode being my favorite while in bed) the screen does have some wobble to it but I grew accustomed to it and was not a deal breaker for me.

4. CrippsCorner

CrippsCorner Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro
    Looks really gorgeous in those pictures! Thanks for sharing... man I want one of these, I just don't need one lol.

5. genenz

genenz New Member

I was thinking overnight that the gap in the laptop might come in handy. The laptop seals shut quite tightly via magnets and it seals flush. Basically I needed to use my finger nails to pries it open. The gap will be useful to open it up. But then again I maybe enamoured by it and making up reasons why its good.

mtalinm likes this.
  6. Sher the Love

Sher the Love Member

Someone (don't remember who or where) made a comment about built in pen storage in the gap. I think that is a cool idea. Too bad it doesn't have it though. The magnet was pretty strong on the SP4 when I tried it at the MS Store. Unfortunately, I didn't get much time with the SB to try it out.

7. netuser

netuser Member

Some people in the comments said that it won't wobble like that if you press the lock button after reattaching the tablet to the keyboard.
    They said you have to press the button to release the tablet and press it again to properly lock it in.
    Someone needs to retest it after confirming the lock button was activated.

8. Migi

Migi Member

My Device:
    None
    I'm not a person who ever used a laptop on my lap so "lapability" is not important. However just an experiment I tried my 13" Macbook Air and it does have a slight wobble/shake as I type. I can imagine the Surface Book has more because of the physics issue of the larger top piece. I imagine the challenge of Surface Book 2 will be to lighten the top piece and strengthen the hinge to solve that. I don't think it will be a deal-breaker for most people.

9. bluegrass

bluegrass Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Come on guys. You want some desert on top of your desert. As technology advances devices are getting much thinner & lighter , which is really great. Now you want a very thin & light computer not to move when you type on it in your lap. I don't think that's going to happen with SB2, SB3, and down the line. Wobble will become more and more prevalent as new technology allows our equipment to become thinner and lighter. As for touching the screen on the SB when it's in your lap; try holding the screen with your left hand or right depending on whether your right or left handed while you touch with your other hand.

kekos and sharpuser like this.
  10. Johnny365

Johnny365 Member

You want some dessert on top of your dessert. Two S's. O_O

11. daniielrp

daniielrp Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    image.jpeg

leeshor likes this.
  12. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    This isn't a spelling/grammar contest site. If it was I'd have been gone long ago. ;);)