What's new

Hardware Update??

benjitek

I just received a hardware update yesterday. Anyone know what is it about?
Did you just update to the fall-release of Windows 10? I've read elsewhere, and have experienced it myself, that older firmware updates are re-installing after the upgrade.

kristalsoldier

Did you just update to the fall-release of Windows 10? I've read elsewhere, and have experienced it myself, that older firmware updates are re-installing after the upgrade.

I can confirm this. I reinstalled the Nov update using that Tool. Second time I did this because I thought it would solve the non-refreshing Mail Live Tile (which it did not do). But after the Nov update was done, there was a System Hardware Update (26/10) which reinstalled itself. I believe there are some notes here on this forum what that update was all about.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
In the last week or so a number of people have reported revisiting prior updates of the hardware/firmware variety. My Surface 3 has reinstalled the June 23 update three times now in the last week. I expect it's not done.
I feel this is a Windows Update glitch. ;)

In theory if it runs an older update it should upon execution detect any later update already installed and exit with success. :)