What's new

Has anyone else not gotten 8.1 update 1 yet?

OP
macmee

macmee

Came through fine on my sp2 (4200) early this afternoon.

Thanks for the report. I'm reinstalling Windows to see if I get the update.

I wont lose much, most of what I do is backed up on OneDrive anyway.

edit: the poor thing is heating up as much as a space-heater. I hope this doesn't hurt its battery life.

Last edited:

guymalloc

Got update 1 late tuesday night, no problems installing. Only thing aggravating to me was the fact that both the 8.1 upgrade, and the 8.1 update 1 both reset my power settings back to default. I had my SP1 set to shutdown, never sleep or hibernate. 8.1 upgrade killed my battery overnight, went to sleep instead of shutting down.

redbrick

Got it yesterday. It was a rocky start, but is back to normal now... love the surface pro 2. I've recommended this device to my dept.

OP
macmee

macmee

Got it yesterday. It was a rocky start, but is back to normal now... love the surface pro 2. I've recommended this device to my dept.

Bugs aside it is a pretty sweet device!

Got update 1 late tuesday night, no problems installing. Only thing aggravating to me was the fact that both the 8.1 upgrade, and the 8.1 update 1 both reset my power settings back to default. I had my SP1 set to shutdown, never sleep or hibernate. 8.1 upgrade killed my battery overnight, went to sleep instead of shutting down.

Think this has something to do with this bug, they must have tried to fix it. Your battery should not have drained to 0 overnight in sleep (technically after being idle for 10 minutes I think the device goes into hibernate). I'll unhook my device and leave it on sleep and see if it drains as well. You weren't running Chrome were you? It's background processes have messed with my power in the past.

Nismode

Details on the Chrome processes? I notice that it does kill a lot of HDD space on my SP2, and after a restart I have at least 1GB of space recovered.

Bugs aside it is a pretty sweet device!

Think this has something to do with this bug, they must have tried to fix it. Your battery should not have drained to 0 overnight in sleep (technically after being idle for 10 minutes I think the device goes into hibernate). I'll unhook my device and leave it on sleep and see if it drains as well. You weren't running Chrome were you? It's background processes have messed with my power in the past.

OP
macmee

macmee

Details on the Chrome processes? I notice that it does kill a lot of HDD space on my SP2, and after a restart I have at least 1GB of space recovered.

Chrome allows extension to run even when you've completely exited out of Chrome. To ensure that Chrome does not run when you've closed it, open up your system tray, right click chrome, and choose not for it to run in the background.

wa1s6hN.png