What's new

Has the surface totally replaced your tablet?

strollin

My SP3 has replaced my Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet and severely curtailed the use of my Nexus 7 tablet. It hasn't completely replaced my Toshiba laptop but I certainly don't use that as much either.

kundas1

My SP3 has definitely replaced all my tablets and laptop I gave my S2 to my GF, which she just Luvs using! My SP3 is the best device by far! I still can't get over how light it is and a full PC under the hood

eltos_lightfoot

My SP3 has definitely replaced all my tablets and laptop I gave my S2 to my GF, which she just Luvs using! My SP3 is the best device by far! I still can't get over how light it is and a full PC under the hood

That is what truly amazes me, as well! While some are worrying about throttling, I am just sitting back in amazement and how portable this thing is. I grab it and go. And it's a full PC!

kristalsoldier

That is what truly amazes me, as well! While some are worrying about throttling, I am just sitting back in amazement and how portable this thing is. I grab it and go. And it's a full PC!

My sentiments exactly! However, I still have my IPad Air, which I need for reading books - when I am writing on the SP3, the iPad serves as my digital reference book.

kundas1

Its funny that everyone is talking about throttling, but I have yet to experience it, when I game yes it gets hot but I DON'T hear the fan and I don't notice any noticeable slow down or throttling!

Seneleron

Well, since you asked. . .

The answer is. . Kinda sorta. There are still moments where I find myself reaching for my Nexus 7 vs the SP3. GPS comes to mind rather quickly, as well as the notifications/recommendations part of Android. I'd also rather reach for my android for ultra casual gaming [Annoying birds, PvZ. .stuff like that]

The day they replace modern UI with android and the play store, the Nexus 7 will end up on Ebay. Until then, I'll hold onto both.

EMINENT

My old Surface 2 replaced my laptop and tablet both as I could always remote into my desktop.

I got the SP3 because of the extra use, pen, and awesome kickstand. I really didn't need it, just wanted it.

If rumors are true of a Surface 3 with same stand and pen, I might go back to one of those if it's thinner, lighter and same aspect screen ratio. I'm all for extreme portability and keeping up to date on the newest tech.

dleuen

My SP3 has replaced my iPad completely which I did not expect. When I first got a SP1 a year and half ago I thought that would replace my iPad but I found the SP1 still too bulky and cumbersome. But the SP3 has completely done away with my iPad and now my iPad screen seems small and confined whenever I do happen to pick it up.