What's new

2nd

Good day,

I'm using a Surface Pro 3, upgraded to Windows 10.
I have a tv, flat screen, but HD ready only. Though the TV has HDMI connector. I've bought a MiniDP to HDMI cable, 5m, and it's working. Though there's an issue:

I'm missing HDMI scaling options which you have f. e. in ATI Catalyst Center, to scale the screen size on HDMI connections. I need such option, because the screen is overscaled. Resolution is set correctly, but the top, bottom, and the left and right borders are outside the screen of my TV.

I didn't find any thread on the internet, and I didn't find any option in the screen settings. So I hope to find an answer here: Is there any way to scale the screen size for HDMI connections?

The TV doesn't have such an option, and I know that I was able to set such things on other computers (f. e. with Catalyst, but even NVIDIA has such an option, in its own control panel. But such control panels don't exist on the surface, unfortunately).

Thank you in advance and with kind regards
2nd

OP
2nd

2nd

Yes, it is an old tv. But it doesn't answer my question. Is there any option to scale the output of the MiniDP?

Yep for older tvs that doesn't have pixel mapping, you will have overscan and Intel control panel can easily fix that. Mine removes autoscan automatically and scales it 150% on a 4K resolution.