What's new

Hello from Ohio!

TechNerd88

Glad I came across this forum! I will soon be the owner of a 256GB Surface Pro 2, and can't wait to get it!

After some intense research, I decided to go with the Pro 2. I was initially going after an iPad Air (my desktop is a Mac, thought an iPad would be a good companion) to replace my laptop (Windows 8 Lenovo), but then realized that it was simply too restrictive to be a 100% laptop replacement... can only run iOS apps, no expandability, etc. I then looked at the Surface 2 at the Microsoft Store in Beachwood. Great, but not for me... I need the capability to run regular Windows programs, so after playing around with the 256GB Pro 2 for 40 minutes......it was the clear winner, mainly because of the 8GB of RAM as opposed to the 4GB in the 64 and 128GB models. I also sprung for the Type Cover 2 as I would need it often.

As mentioned, can't wait to get mine! I've heard nothing but good things!

William

OP
T

TechNerd88

Either the Surface Pro 2 is sold out everywhere, or TigerDirect is VERY slow. Ordered mine on the 2nd of this month and I am STILL waiting for it. Their customer service reps have told me 5 diffferent ship dates. They promised today that it will be shipped for sure on the 26th. Hopefully this time it's true! My poor Type Cover 2 has been sitting here since the 4th!

oion

Either the Surface Pro 2 is sold out everywhere, or TigerDirect is VERY slow. Ordered mine on the 2nd of this month and I am STILL waiting for it. Their customer service reps have told me 5 diffferent ship dates. They promised today that it will be shipped for sure on the 26th. Hopefully this time it's true! My poor Type Cover 2 has been sitting here since the 4th!

On the plus side, TigerDirect is an official MS vendor... But the Pro 2 has had weird stock issues (particularly the 8GB memory models); I think the official date is "ship by Dec 15" for those Pro 2 models, but hopefully you'll get yours before that, as others have gotten theirs sooner than the official date.

OP
T

TechNerd88

Well, sadly with all the arguments with TigerDirect and multiple incorrect ship dates, I decided to cancel my Surface Pro 2 order. After getting 8 different ship dates since 11-2 (Last one before I canceled was December 23rd, original ship date was the 4th of November), I decided that I couldn't wait that long.

Instead, I bought a Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga S1 (newest one) for only $29 more. It has a 4500U i7, 8GB of ram, and a 256GB SSD. I also love how you can flip it around and use it 4 different ways. I fell in love with it after I used my friends that he had just bought (his is an i5 though). The screen is beautiful, it's fast and it's solid.

Lenovo ThinkPad Yoga Intel Core i7 8GB Memory 256GB SSD 12.5 Touch Notebook Windows 8.1 at TigerDirect.com

Last edited: