1. offcamber

offcamber New Member

Hello just purchased a Surface Pro 3 i5 128G for travel purposes and to replace my aging iPad (1). So far loving this device. I think this very competitive to the iPad especially since I don't have to deal with iOS.

2. leeshor

leeshor Well-Known Member

My Device:
    SPro4
    Welcome to the forum and the Windows world.

offcamber likes this.
  3. offcamber

offcamber New Member

Thanks I been a Windows person all my life. The iPad was my first ( and last) Apple product. I will give the iPad props for durability and ease of use but dealing with iTunes and Apple proprietary nonsense drove me away. I love the fact that I can use the same programs on my Windows 8.1 desktop with the Surface. This was important for my needs.

4. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

I think the very real limitations of the iPad may have more to do with it's sales decline than anything else. Looks good but leaves you wanting because it was dumbed down too far.

Einstein is often quoted as saying "Make it as simple as possible". However there's more to it than that, the full quote in one form: "Make it as simple as possible but not simpler". When you leave off the last part you may end up making it "Simpler" which isn't what they brainy guys advice was. We see examples of both often, some things are over simplified while others are overly complex for no reason. You don't have to be a genius to get the right balance but it might help. :)

5. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 Administrator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forum...