HELP - Need a Surface Pro Recovery Image

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Pro' started by vicbush, Feb 6, 2014.

1. vicbush

vicbush New Member

Ok, so being the idiot that I am I installed the Windows 8.1 preview way back when without creating a recovery image first.

Recently, I was unable to upgrade to Windows 8.1 retail or whatever its called through the windows store. Tried to do a system refresh, but all that accomplished was to get me into an Automatic System Repair reboot loop. I can't refresh, reset, or boot into windows. I just get the system repair tool.

So long story short, does anyone have a surface pro recovery image they would be willing to give me? Or does anyone know of a mirror somewhere of one? I can't find one anywhere. I have the 128 gb model if it makes any difference.

Thanks!

2. tarrant64

tarrant64 Member

The complete system refresh (I would think) should bring you back to Windows 8, the factory image right out of the box.

If you can get a Windows 8 disc in general - you should be able to repair your install and maybe try the system refresh again. But my understanding is that you recovery partition should not have been touched by the 8.1 upgrade (maybe it is, I don't recall), and if you did a system refresh using the recovery partition it should take you back to the Surface Pro you had when you first took it out of the box.