What's new

Solved HELP: New Surface Pro 3 issue (Replaced SP3)

double07

Not sure if the device one year warranty covers A/D? but you can buy extra year that will cover A/D for $150 with $50 deductible.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You better surreptitiously check that policy first I don't know if the plan covers broken glass.

You might get some sympathy from the Staples Manager and a discretionary replacement... how charming can you be? :)

ipaq_101

You better surreptitiously check that policy first I don't know if the plan covers broken glass.

You might get some sympathy from the Staples Manager and a discretionary replacement... how charming can you be? :)

The extended 2 year MS policy ($150) covers accidental damage for a $50 deductible, I think my dog ate my surface pro 3 would count

OP
J

Julia Rowlan

OMG I would have euthanized that dog on the spot!! ok JK... but man I would have found a new home so fast! that's crazy, why would the dog do that?
She's always found a hobby in finding the worst things to chew on. I was... beyond mad. I could use other choice words, but I don't want to offend anyone haha.

OP
J

Julia Rowlan

Hopefully very charming, but we shall see. Thank you!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
OMG I would have euthanized that dog on the spot!! ok JK... but man I would have found a new home so fast! that's crazy, why would the dog do that?
Rule one, wash hands after eating foods that the dogs nose may pick up lest he thinks your new tablet is a tasty treat. LOL

So aside from the nice doggy dental imprint does everything still work OK? it appears to just be the bezel that's marred. Perhaps a piece of magic transparent tape over the rough spot will suffice and you have a good story to tell. Edit: How my dog ate my tablet and lived to destroy even more of my stuff and I have bite marks to prove it. :)

Last edited:

tonypitt

The extended 2 year MS policy ($150) covers accidental damage for a $50 deductible, I think my dog ate my surface pro 3 would count

How does one get a 2 year policy for $150? When I visit that site it tells me that a 1 year policy is $150, and I don't see a 2 year option.

Edited to add...OK, I think that you mean that it extends the warranty to 2 years by buying 1. Thanks.

Last edited: