What's new

Solved HELP: New Surface Pro 3 issue (Replaced SP3)

Liam2349

Damn, sorry to see this. Nobody will replace the screen because it's virtually impossible, I don't think Microsoft would even do it. The only way to sort this will be with a new device.

You could exploit the insurance as someone mentioned, but don't wait 1 month, everyone suggests 1 month!

EMINENT

Get the accidental insurance. It's worth it. Especially with a $1000 device.
You're paying $200 total to wash your hands of the broke one. I wouldn't want to continue using a repaired one.

I have the added insurance through Microsoft and under the What Is Not Covered section it lists (I) Animals, animal inhabitation or insect infestateion. Since they listed "Animals," and then went into other descriptions I'm not sure if they will cover it or not.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have the added insurance through Microsoft and under the What Is Not Covered section it lists (I) Animals, animal inhabitation or insect infestateion. Since they listed "Animals," and then went into other descriptions I'm not sure if they will cover it or not.
Sure sound like stipulations an insurance company would put into an insurance policy. your covered except for stuff that happens a lot :)

I was starting a business and they said you have to have this coverage for employees. I said I don't have any employees... well you still have to have it... does it cover me??? No only employees... if it don't cover me I'm not buying it, period.

grumpy

Get the accidental insurance. It's worth it. Especially with a $1000 device.
You're paying $200 total to wash your hands of the broke one. I wouldn't want to continue using a repaired one.
Be aware, you will likely receive a refurbished unit unless it is replaced at an MS store (not sure if store will support the accidental coverage) or if they don't have any refurbished units available (still possible since the SP3 has just been released).

Simple solution - LIE!

bluegrass

If you don't get the insurance, this might be crazy but what about the businesses that repair automobile windows that show this magical way of repairing cracked glass. Try taking it to an auto glass store and see what they say.

Kif

Service rep, 'Excuse me Ma'am but did a dog chew on your Surface Pro 3?' You, "Of course not, my sweet little dog would never think of doing such a thing."

I would listen to what some here are saying and buy the Microsoft complete warranty coverage for $150. It will cover 2 accidental damages (there is a $50 deductible) over 2 years. You just bring it to a MS store in the mall and they will exchange a NEW one (not refurbished) for you on the spot. They won't care how you damaged it. Just say you dropped something on it, whatever.

Kif

I think getting a refurb is ok as long as it's in like new condition. It's a heck of a lot better then a broken machine and you're still covered by the warranty.

OMG I would have euthanized that dog on the spot!! ok JK... but man I would have found a new home so fast! that's crazy, why would the dog do that?
Wow. I am glad I saw this so I will be more careful. I can count on one hand the number of items my dog has chewed on in three years, but one was my surface pro 3 pen. Arrrrggghhh! I just paid fifty for a new one. I didn't realize the actual computer might be a target as well.

OP
J

Julia Rowlan

Thank you everyone for your input! I resolved the problem and will be receiving a new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 on Tuesday. :)

OP
J

Julia Rowlan

Wow. I am glad I saw this so I will be more careful. I can count on one hand the number of items my dog has chewed on in three years, but one was my surface pro 3 pen. Arrrrggghhh! I just paid fifty for a new one. I didn't realize the actual computer might be a target as well.
Yes!! Be very careful. Dogs are crazy. She is lucky I love her so much or I might have killed her!