What's new

dantheflyingman

Help! I Need Somebody, Help! Pretty Much anybody, Heeelllp.... nanananaan

Having some huge issues with my SP4 At the moment
The issues im encountering are (connected to wall power and on battery)
-Video_TDR_FAILURE Bluescreens
-Video_memory_management_failure Bluescreens
-Pen Disconnects
-Touch Screen Lockups
-Non BlueScreen Display drive crash
-Randomly Disconnecting Wifi and Bluetooth Devices
-Still failing to wake from sleep
-Keyboard requiring to be reconnected sometimes

Im having these issues before and after updates.I have done all the updates from the windows update page in windows 10, i downloaded new 540 graphics drivers, and also downloaded manually the SP4 Firmware pack from Microsoft own page, None of this has been able to fix these issues, and neither have the long calls with there tech support

My issues now is, because of these issues its impacting on my schoolwork and ability to do pretty much anything, i cant do wordprocessing, i cant do basic edits in premier, i cant even use f**king edge or chrome for browsing

Im now at the point were i need to return this device and change to something else (had a razer blade 14", Best fucking laptop ever, worst decision getting rid of it ever)

However im now 60-75 days into ownership, has anyone had any experience with returning for a full refund outside of the return period? Do you think this is possible for me to do? Any suggestions appreciated because im pretty fucking stuck :D

DavidZ

...has anyone had any experience with returning for a full refund outside of the return period? Do you think this is possible for me to do? Any suggestions appreciated because im pretty fucking stuck :D

You wont know until you try. Since you're past the 30 day return period, my guess is that they'll try to replace the unit until you're satisfied, which is appropriate. I presume that if they can provide you with a unit you're satisfied with, you'd be happy, correct? If they are not able to provide you with a unit you're satisfied with, it probably depends on the representative you're dealing with and how successful you are at persuading them to do what you want.

bluegrass

I would have tried a reset to factory and if that didn't help I'd go back to the store I bought it from and show them a few of the problems and see if one of their techs could assist you in resolving your problems.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
You could certainly ask to return it for a refund although they are no obligated to do so. The warranty covers replacement and it's possible replacement would resolve all issues if not then you could ask again (strongly) for a refund. I don't know if anyone ever successfully invoked the lemon law for something like this, of course that would likely be a long drawn out process involving lawyers etc. (Rule 13 never involve lawyers). I checked, there are law firms that specialize in this... with 1 800 numbers... oy vey, of course... The mere mention of which may either get you what you want OR serve to Steel them into a fight.

aokusman

If you a are past the return date you have to deal with the manufacturer. You won't be able to exchange or return it.