What's new

help with connecting surface pro to apple cinema display

butters149

Hello I just bought the surface pro and when I try to connect to the apple cinema display nothing happens. It is not detecting anything.

jbrewer99

I'll try mine in abit. If you do find any information or get it working please update here in case anyone else needs to know. I'll reply in a few minutes with my results.

jbrewer99

Okay, I tried my 21" apple display via native mini displayport and no display found. It did find the isight camera and usb hub, but no display. I wonder if there is a driver needed or we may have to wait for an update. I honestly thought it would have been just plug and play though. I was going to move my imac to one of the kid's rooms and just leave an apple display setup on my desk for homework and I figured I could just connect as needed. Oh well, not a deal breaker for me, but it would have been pretty nice to have.

I wonder if the angle of the surface sides are keeping it from fully making contact with the cable once we insert it?

jallison89

Hello I just bought the surface pro and when I try to connect to the apple cinema display nothing happens. It is not detecting anything.

You need a dual link dvi to mini display port if it is a 30 inch apple cinema display.

Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter - Apple Store (U.S.)

I just bought one on eBay for a bit cheaper
If your going to drop 100 bucks you might as well get a desktop dock from plugable

Plugable |  Plugable UD-3000 SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Universal Docking Station for Windows PCs (DVI/VGA to 2048×1152, Gigabit Ethernet, Audio In/Out, Extra USB 3.0/2.0 Ports, 4A AC Power)

emulajavi

my Surface Pro 3 WORKS perfectly with Apple LED Cinema Display 27 inch. Native resolution, desktop in both screens, all AND Audio AND iSight. Thank you microsoft!