What's new

Help with Windows Updates

cB.

Hi,

I was wondering how to install all those updates with the cancelled status. Sorry, I'm probably the least tech savvy person here, but I love the surface--I got it even though all my apple friends tried to convince me against it.

Many thanks,
cB.

robertsurface

Sometimes updates get halted when one has been installed and a reboot is required. Have you tried restarting your Surface?

Guess I never got far enough to be prompted for restart. I went to the library which has better WiFi than where I initially was and this time the download and install took care of itself.
Meanwhile, I grabbed Woody's Window's 8 for dummies book and dove in. I understand RT is different but I will weed through it to learn what I can. So far, switcher apps and the switcher pane and moving around. And the metro and desktop personas.

Liking this alot so far!

mrasmussen

Once you get comfortable with the UI, it seems to me it is a no brainer that's it's currently the king of UI...

bosamar

I understand RT is different but I will weed through it to learn what I can. So far, switcher apps and the switcher pane and moving around. And the metro and desktop personas.

The RT is all touch of course. You only really need to learn about a dozen motions, all listed in the help section in great detail.