What's new

Here is why I love Windows RT

ctitanic

I used Windows RT for almost two year and never saw one of this:

Capture.JPG

Kif

Which version of IE were you using? I thought Metro IE is less vulnerable to that kind of stuff. Isn't Metro IE the same version as used on the Surface RT?

foghat

And part of the reason you never saw that on RT is why RT is likely going to go the way of the dodo bird...

foghat

Which version of IE were you using? I thought Metro IE is less vulnerable to that kind of stuff. Isn't Metro IE the same version as used on the Surface RT?

True, some features of a web browser can help protect you from getting a virus. However, it is generally not the browser or email client or what have you that is more or less susceptible, but the operating system itself.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
And part of the reason you never saw that on RT is why RT is likely going to go the way of the dodo bird...
No it is being merged into a single SKU that will run on any ARM device with screen sizes 3.8" and above, this same SKU is also being compiled to run on SST Intel ATOM Machines....common attribute is the removal of the desktop and legacy Win32 support....

foghat

No it is being merged into a single SKU that will run on any ARM device with screen sizes 3.8" and above, this same SKU is also being compiled to run on SST Intel ATOM Machines....common attribute is the removal of the desktop and legacy Win32 support....

Fair enough. My point being, most likely the main reason there are few (no?) virus issues on the RT/Surface 2 is because the user base is not near large enough to pique virus developer interest.