What's new

Hi All....

captHedge

Hi Everyone on the SurfaceForms.net :)

Though I do not "yet" have a Surface Pro, I have been researching and the information in this forum has been fantastic.

Given my use of OneNote for meeting notes, I am seriously looking at the Pro 3 for make life easier for me :)

Cheers all and I hope to be able to contribute and let you know when I have made my purchase :)

Just one question - What is the major difference between the i5 4GB and i5 8GB (other than the SSD space and obvious RAM) ? I will not be using it for major work other than work stuff (Office/OneNote) and the odd piece of development (Excel VBA, Wordpress etc).

Cheers
captHedge

leeshor

Welcome to the forum captHedge

You have basically pinned down the "current" differences.

leeshor

There is actually another discussion going on in another thread and for the most part 8GB seems to be the preference and worth the additional cost. It does depend on how you are using it. If you plan is to be able to keep multiple apps open at the same time 8 will work better.

OP
C

captHedge

Hi All, Well in the end i went for the i5/4GB as I already have a massive work laptop and server at home to use for anything hardcore.

At the moment it is working fine :) - not had a chance to fully explore OneNote, that is the one thing I want the most as I use it all the time on my other laptops :)