What's new

Hi from Mexico City

Erik ex

Hello my name is Erik and bought a Surface RT months ago and I have a question...
have you ever tried to activate the 4 cores of the processor? I tried it but Windows notify me something about the BitLocker function...
Is it safe to do it?
Are there any problems in the process?

Jeffrey

Welcome, glad you joined us. From what I understand, Bitlocker is a baked in encryption function. Not sure what that has to do with running 4 cores. Perhaps someone here can explain it better.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hello my name is Erik and bought a Surface RT months ago and I have a question...
have you ever tried to activate the 4 cores of the processor? I tried it but Windows notify me something about the BitLocker function...
Is it safe to do it?
Are there any problems in the process?
Hmm this seems to reference two unrelated things. Perhaps you could give a better description of what you did when you get this message.

Re activating 4 cores... the system will use all 4 cores as needed otherwise two may be 'parked' i.e. in a standby state saving power until there's a demand for more CPU capacity.

To see this in action... in Search type 'resource' then click on Resource Monitor. go to the CPU tab and expand to full screen. On the right you will see several graphs with Total CPU on the top and the bottom 4 are CPU 0 thru CPU 3. the word parked will show up or not depending on the individual CPU state. there's no action needed by you to activate CPUs other than using the tablet... switch to the Start screen and launch the Video App ... wait for it to come up then switch back to the desktop to see Resource Monitor.

Enjoy... :)