What's new

high-IQ professionals Scorpion with Surface Pro 3

unruledboy

Just saw the new TV series #Scorpion, episode 4, my love Surface Pro 3 is there, while I am using Surface Pro 3 watching it;)

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the guy with the controller trying to achieve?

And on topic off topic, if it is "real", what kind of wireless screencasting is he using?

And on the basis that the former question might be on topic, to go off topic, or rather off on a tangent, i have a thought. Multiple desktop options have been around for years, windows 10 is the first time it is officially implemented in windows, but i'm wondering about the idea to screencast one virtual desktop, but at the same time use the device as normal on a different virtual desktop. Turning virtual desktops into real desktops. Does anything like this exist?

wditters

What's the guy with the controller trying to achieve?

I fact, for my holidays I usually load up my (then current) laptop with kids movies and by using Windows Media Center (MCE) and an USB infrared adapter, my kids are perfectly capable of using the remote to navigate MCE and watch movies themselves. Last week, my SP3 served the same purpose. Worked flawlessly :)

I was at a tech conference recently, and the Intel guy was there with his SP3, using this to wirelessly connect to the large-screen display- http://www.actiontec.com/298.html

Miracast adapters, there are plenty to choose from, Netgear, Actiontec, Asus. This is a technology that has become relatively mature recently. I use an Asus Miracast adapter for presentations and movies. Works flawlessly. Just stay away from the cheap brands. :)