What's new

high speed video capture

sxotty

Is there a way to capture higher frame rate video at lower resolution on the surface? I would love to be able to get 720p video at 240fps or even a lower res if I could record higher speed video.

Thanks

silkrooster

You may like the program Camtasia by Techsmith
https://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.html

It's cost a bit but we'll worth it.

It currently has an issue with the surface pro 3. Some of the menus are not working correctly. They work correctly try on a desktop system.

A cheaper alternative is its smaller brother snag it. It is designed to be a screen grabber but it can capture video. So far I have not seen any issues with it in the surface.

You can find snag it on the same web site.

malberttoo

Is there a way to capture higher frame rate video at lower resolution on the surface? I would love to be able to get 720p video at 240fps or even a lower res if I could record higher speed video.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum!

silkrooster

Now that I think of it. I was assuming you meant screen capture, you could have easily meant with a video camera.
Besides the 240 fps I thought you wrote 24 fps.
Sorry about that.

OP
S

sxotty

Thank you for your welcome and response. It does not seem that anyone has tried capturing high speed video. I remember with my logitech webcam in days of yore I downloaded a program that allowed me to capture much higher rate video at the expense of pixel count. That is what I was hoping.

An iphone can capture 240fps video and I believe new ipads can as well. Many other new phones can do 120fps. I was just hoping that the surface could. I was hoping to use the feature and purchase a surface, but as I do not have one and have been unable to find any reviews that delve into the video capture quality and settings I thought that perhaps someone here might know.