What's new

Hotmail App

psnative

This probably should be in windows 8 forum, but I never get a response there...mail to my hotmail app can sometimes take up to a couple hours to appear, anyone else notice this issue? It shows up in the regular desktop mode, but always a delay in the app.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If your running both Outlook and Mail that happens... I think Outlook is consuming the notification and the Mail App is sitting fat dumb and happy. If you manually sync it will pick them up so that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :)

CrippsCorner

Microsoft apps always seem to be a bit on the slow side... whether it's mail or Skype I seem to get everything on my iPhone first!

bluegrass

If your running both Outlook and Mail that happens... I think Outlook is consuming the notification and the Mail App is sitting fat dumb and happy. If you manually sync it will pick them up so that's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :)

Only problem with your theory is that he very unlikely would bother with the Mail app if he had Outlook. I haven't bothered looking at the MS Mail app after setting up Outlook 365 (aka Outlook 2013).