What's new

How can you speak to a real MS Store employee?

nogridbag

Getting a little frustrated. I've tried calling three MS stores just to ask one simple question:

"Do you have a Surface Book on display that I can try out?"

All the stores have local numbers. They all have the same automated system. Pretty much any option puts me on hold or connects me to some generic microsoft call center. I even tried their "Fast easy system" which texts you a URL, you click it, then it redirects to your phones Dialer app with the same phone number automatically populated. Ugh...

Every MS store I've ever been to has minimum 2-3 employees sitting around doing nothing since they're not very busy...

kundas1

when you call the generic call center ask them to put you through to the nearest store to YOU, they have to transfer you per your request... that's what I had to do when I wanted to know they had a phone in stock or not...

OP
N

nogridbag

I found the secret. The online chat representative was able to tell me the exact store that has the Surface Book available for demo.. thanks!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Major Markets are sure to have one... Seattle, LA, SF, Chicago, Etc.

The MS store I was at today had 200-300 customers in it.... they told me 100-200 pre-orders for each SP4 and SB....

OP
N

nogridbag

I'm in a major market :D NYC area. NYC doesn't have one apparently, neither do the stores in northern NJ or westchester. There's one in long island that has one. It's a bit of a hike, but I'd like to try one out before I decide on SB vs SP4.

ScottyS

I tried to call my local MS store after I exchanged my SP3 and had left the mSD card in the slot. The person at the generic Microsoft call center kept me on hold while he tried to call a person at the store. He had trouble calling the store and finally got through to one employee on his personal cell phone.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I'm in a major market :D NYC area. NYC doesn't have one apparently, neither do the stores in northern NJ or westchester. There's one in long island that has one. It's a bit of a hike, but I'd like to try one out before I decide on SB vs SP4.
NY City Flagship Store opens on GA...October 26

VickiFL

I also get a MSFT call center and have to ask for the store when I call. It's annoying. It's like you say, a few employees standing around doing nothing when you get there, and a couple were busy playing Rock Band at the front of the store when I was there Friday afternon. o_O

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also get a MSFT call center and have to ask for the store when I call. It's annoying. It's like you say, a few employees standing around doing nothing when you get there, and a couple were busy playing Rock Band at the front of the store when I was there Friday afternon. o_O
I need a job like that :)