What's new

How do I install the Intel graphics control panel?

elee532

I ran across a thread the other day that described how to add a custom display resolution for the Surface Book with 50Hz. Unfortunately, I can't find that thread at the moment.

It called for using the Intel graphics control panel. I am unable to figure out how to run/install that utility. Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Last edited:

JaeMelo

I ran across a thread the other day that described how to add a custom display resolution for the Surface Book with 50Hz. Unfortunately, I can't find that thread at the moment.

It called for using the Intel graphics control panel. I am unable to figure out how to run/install that utility. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Download the official Intel HD 520 drivers from Intel's website for win 10 64bit. The setup.exe will not only install the latest drivers but also install the control panel you desire.

OP
E

elee532

Tried installing the driver from Intel, but I get an error message that "The driver being installed has not been validated for this computer."

Thoughts?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Tried installing the driver from Intel, but I get an error message that "The driver being installed has not been validated for this computer."

Thoughts?
It only works with the zipped version and if you manually update it through Device Manager.