What's new

How do I use my Surface as a drawing tablet in Photoshop?

TharosTheDragon

Since I don't have a Wacom tablet, I'd like to be able to use my surface like a Wacom tablet and have the things I draw on it show up in Photoshop on my desktop computer. Is there any way to do this?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
You can't really.... limited functionality through Remote Desktop or Splashtop but nothing that would work well...

narse77

The Surface RT does not have an active digitizer and even if it did I do not think the functionality you are looking for is available.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
So here's the deal as above the Surface RT doesn't have the active digitizer technology of the Surface Pro's or Surface 3. In essence the screen is like that of most Android tablets or iPads which leads to the type of solution you could use. http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-ipad-stylus/ a Capacitive Stylus like those used on other tablets will work on a Surface 2 also. I have used the Bamboo stylus on Surface 2.

Photoshop? You can get PhotoShop Express in the Store for Surface 2 There may be a couple other light drawing tools... Bamboo Paper is available for Arm (Surface 2).