What's new

Poll How do you Charge your SP3?

How do you Charge your SP3?

• Total voters

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't see how the way you charge it would matter. What I would be careful of is throwing it in a book bag or other scenarios where pressure gets applied to the screen.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Agreed. I can't see any reason why charging your surface with the keyboard open or closed would have any effect on anything at all.

OP
B

BMoreawesome

There was a theory that charging the sp3 with he keyboard was causing issues with the screen. Again it's a theory that I am looking into so that I do not have the same issue with my new one.

malberttoo

There was a theory that charging the sp3 with he keyboard was causing issues with the screen. Again it's a theory that I am looking into so that I do not have the same issue with my new one.

Agree with GreyFox, just get it replaced. There are thousands of us here that charge our SP3 in all manner of ways. If there was some kind of issue like what you're describing, it surely would have come up by now.

OP
B

BMoreawesome

Agree with GreyFox, just get it replaced. There are thousands of us here that charge our SP3 in all manner of ways. If there was some kind of issue like what you're describing, it surely would have come up by now.

The replacement is on the way, I am just trying to not repeat what happened. I was very careful with the sp3. When traveling it was in its sleeve while in my bag.

Just wondering where this theory originated but almost afraid to ask.

Why are you afraid? Someone posted about this a few months back and I have not seen any fallow up so I am merely looking into it. I am at the point of chalking it up to just faulty screen.

leeshor

People post the darnedest things here. You should take some posts with a grain of salt.

Billy64

May be if you charged the SP3 hitting it against the wall ,or with a hammer it could have some bad effects ☺☺... but using the electrical charger (out of a bag) should not affect the screen by any way

OP
B

BMoreawesome

Yea totally get that. The theory was that when charging with the keyboard closed, the chips or circuit board in the keyboard were affecting the screen via some sort of interruption.

As silly as it may sound to everyone I am just trying to make sure it doesn't happen again. Thanks for all the input.

bluegrass

I don't see how the way you charge it would matter. What I would be careful of is throwing it in a book bag or other scenarios where pressure gets applied to the screen.

Never throw your SP3 in a bag without the keyboard cover in place period.

I never read or heard of any comments about charging causing dead spots on the screen.