What's new

How do you prepare for upgrade

glr

My thinking is to not upgrade my work machine for a while and kinda monitor others" experience. It also seems prudent to somehow perform a backup that enables me to restore as quickly as possible should something go south.

So what are you doing to prepare, if anything?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing here either. Having been on the preview for so long and seeing how it has gone, I think many people are getting a bit paranoid over this issue. I personally see little reason not to be on the TP right now let alone not upgrade on day 1.

leeshor

My thinking is to not upgrade my work machine for a while and kinda monitor others" experience. It also seems prudent to somehow perform a backup that enables me to restore as quickly as possible should something go south.

So what are you doing to prepare, if anything?

If you're asking about a Surface Pro, just maintain your free disk space and maybe uninstall your anti virus if you're using a third party, especially if it's Bitdefender.

MickeyLittle

Hey Lee this is supposed to be a large download and we are not sure when we will get it so how can I tell when it starts downloading?

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey Lee this is supposed to be a large download and we are not sure when we will get it so how can I tell when it starts downloading?

Look in windows update. It will say downloading updates and there should be a link to detail what it is downloading.

leeshor

There are a few threads floating around on forcing the upgrade. Something that doesn't thrill me.

Patience Mickey.

MickeyLittle

No problem Lee, I'm not in a rush. In fact I never tried the beta. I actually still like my Note 12.2 Pro better and use it daily but use the SP3 as my home PC with a docking station.