What's new

how do you protect your surface 3?

hd94

Hi, I have been using surface 3 for some time and i really like it. Anyway, as I m very careful with all my gadgets, I couldn't find a suitable case for my surface pro 3. I tried few of them but they are either too heavy or too thick. I am only using the keyboard now. My question is, how do you guys protect it?
The only thing I have done now is using a screen protector as I couldn't find a case. Thanks to it's material the back of surface will not have minor scratches easily like my galaxy note 10.1

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I use a metricUSA case/cover, its lightweight, quite protective and has a pocket on the outside for the pen.

Liam2349

I feel that actual cases take away from the experience. Thinnest, lightest Intel Core device on the market, and you want to bulk it up with a case? I would buy something else if I were to do that.

I keep mine in a storage case, the Booq Viper Hardcase 13 and I've ordered a tempered glass screen protector after an amazing experience with one for my Note 3.

bluegrass

I don't see a need for protection when I'm using my Surface. The keyboard protects the screen when I have it in my bag. Of course when you put it in a bag, you want to turn it off or put it in hibernate. I never do hibernate but if I did, I would check my unit out once in awhile to see if it's hot. There are plenty of bags to choose from at prices from $20 to a $200. I use a WaterField because I like the style & it has a shoulder strap.

Caoimh1n

I like the slimness of the SP3, so I just stuck a Skinomi brushed aluminium skin on the back and let the keyboard protect the front. I also have the Maroo Woodland sleeve for a bit of extra protection when i take it out and about. It looks extremely professional and has a beautiful finish. It also has a dedicated loop for the pen.

kundas1

I feel that actual cases take away from the experience. Thinnest, lightest Intel Core device on the market, and you want to bulk it up with a case? I would buy something else if I were to do that.

I keep mine in a storage case, the Booq Viper Hardcase 13 and I've ordered a tempered glass screen protector after an amazing experience with one for my Note 3.

I don't see a need for protection when I'm using my Surface. The keyboard protects the screen when I have it in my bag. Of course when you put it in a bag, you want to turn it off or put it in hibernate. I never do hibernate but if I did, I would check my unit out once in awhile to see if it's hot. There are plenty of bags to choose from at prices from $20 to a $200. I use a WaterField because I like the style & it has a shoulder strap.

well I USED to think like that till I droppped my tablet TWICE! thank gawd the screen or anything didn't break as I got away lucky, but others have not been so lucky... so I would think twice...

Liam2349

well I USED to think like that till I droppped my tablet TWICE! thank gawd the screen or anything didn't break as I got away lucky, but others have not been so lucky... so I would think twice...

I guess you just have to be careful. I've had a few tablets and never dropped any of them, but if I did, that's why it's insured - so that I can enjoy the device without worrying about damaging it.

HvT

Mine shall stay as slick and thin as possible. I am using a screen protector with matte finish - makes it *much* more conveniant to read.
On the back, at certain areas, I noticed loss of texture after a week. Surely from moving the SP3 on the table while taking notes with the keyboard detached.
Unfortunately, there is no "Final Protection" available as for the iOS devices. Decalgirl and Stickerboy are not my taste. So I bought another cheap matte screen protector, rounded the corners a bit more and cut it into two parts - for the stand and the top part of the back. Use a rasor blade for this to get proper edges. Looks good and works.

I use this case by Mario - http://www.maroo.com/store/Cases/Surface-Cases/Woodland-Red-for-Surface-Pro-3 It adds a bit of weight, but it also makes the type-cover feel far more firm (less flimsy) when typing. Overall, feels like I'm carrying a light textbook - highly recommended.
Screenshot (1).png

kristalsoldier

No case for me! I also like the thin profile of the SP3, which is why I use a sleeve that I carry around all the time. I got it from the MS store when I bought the SP3 - I think it came with the device in a package deal that they had.