What's new

How many like their SP4 and are definitely keeping it

Not to diminish the threads about issues with the SP4 at all... but just to balance things out... how many have their i5 or m3, like it, and are definitely keeping it? Post up.

Curious whilst I wait here for my i7.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I love it....I had a choice between the Surface Book, which is an engineering marvel and gorgeous, but chose the SP4 as it is what I want to carry with me....

fletch33

liked my SP3 and LOVE the SP4

i also purchased the Book instead of SP4 on Monday and returned it for SP4 within a few hours :)

leeshor

I had a an SP4 in my office to configure for a customer. Liked it so much I bought my own.

I have had some fairly limited hands-on at customer sites with previous models but the one I had in my office for an extended period sold me.

rperfetti

I had a SP2 and used it every day up till this past Monday when I picked up the new SP4. Yeah, big difference. No way I'd go back. I need the SP portability so the Book is not for me. Still setting things up and I periodically have an issue with the track pad stopping but all in all, really happy. Another update or two should knock out any lingering issues. Oh, Hello Windows is way cool!

EMINENT

Coming from the SP3, SP4 has been fantastic. The keyboard is so much nicer to use. Windows Hello is also working fantastic. No more concentrated heating in one spot like on SP3. Very happy with my purchase. I needed a tablet first 80% of the time so Book was too much of a compromise with it's short battery life and heft with transport. No stand on the tablet was a deal breaker also.

djfrown

Am into 3 full days of use with the SP4 core m3 128. Best battery life was 8:43 doing full time videos to my TV and about 2 hours of simultaneous web browsing. For me, upgrading from the SP1, it is a keeper (never was able to get more than 5:20). Currently trying to figure out if it will charge my HTC One (M8) windows phone from the USB port without the SP4 being turned on. So far, it only seems to work while it is turned on.