What's new

How the heck...

hadrian

Why are you so invested in the sales figures anyways...are you not just a consumer or do you have a vested interest in the success of Microsoft PC sales?

This begs the question--Who cares? In the coming years everyone will be making surfaces...microsoft just came with it first.

Dblkk

Why are you so invested in the sales figures anyways...are you not just a consumer or do you have a vested interest in the success of Microsoft PC sales?

This begs the question--Who cares? In the coming years everyone will be making surfaces...microsoft just came with it first.
I understand why she posts this and pays attention to things such as sales. As a user of the surface (both 1 and 3), I care about sales figures. Maybe not the specific numbers, but the fact that its either selling good or like crap. As that affects me, as a consumer. If surface pro is really selling like crap, or sales are horrible, then the likelihood that all things surface will diminish is greater. If MS isn't selling many, their resources for the SP 'project' will/are likely to diminish as well. Yet if the SP 'project' is selling nicely, or even better and its selling awesomely. Then I as a consumer, can except full resourced and many new/interesting features/accessories/updates/new generations to follow.

I for one, love my surface pro. And it really would be a shame if it wasn't selling good, as then the likelihood that this 'project' will continue and in full force is highly unlikely. If its selling alright, then I can expect the project to continue, but at a slower pace and probably less accessories and slower updates. Yet if its got just great sales, I can expect fast updates, new/great accessories, great product support, ect.

Sales figures say it all to everyone. Shareholders, executives, managers, employees, market managers, sales/store's, and consumers. Bad sales, bad for everyone, good sales, good for everyone, great sales great for everyone.

grumpy

Nobody said nothing about accuracy but think about it; do you think that if only one hundred vora bought this device those one hundred generated the same amount of hosts that just one hundred users that bought the PRO? and on top of that in 3 times less time?
Well, if those 100 were only half as prolific as you, then yes...
Capture.PNG

Hmmmm... It seems that four users are responsible for nearly 20% of the posts in this section... Hell, I even have more posts here than in the SP2 section (and I don't own an SP3).

Last edited:

Nuspieds

Forum posts are forum posts; they are not at all indicative of factual sales figures.

After all, when one has purchased a Surface, joining and posting to a Surface-based forum is completely optional. Similarly, joining and posting to a Surface-based forum does not require the poster to own a Surface device.

Maximus3D

If anything those numbers show how passionate we are about our precious Surface Pro 3 devices, even when they are suffering from various issues we still love them and do whatever we can to get a fully working device. That IS passion and dedication, something which actually is far more important than sales figures. Microsoft should be proud of their creation.

/ Magnus

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

if it was not for the device popularity there was not any way that this amount of posts could have been achieved in so short period of time. I have been following this forum since long time ago and for the first time I have been posting here every day and I know myself too well to say that if I would not have seen here that popularity for this device that I'm mentioning I would had stopped to participate a long time ago.

nipponham

I don’t subscribe to the OP’s premise that people are saying SP3 is not selling well. Microsoft (as usual) do not release specific numbers, but every indication I’ve seen from local sales figures (including pre-orders, shipments, and current stock), online reviews, and word-of-mouth, is that SP3 is selling like hotcakes. From my sense of things, there are a lot more people who want this machine but the biggest barrier right now seems to be price. MS clearly has a winner with this machine and if they can address the price point with secondary adopters, I won’t say they’ll be able to recoup the losses from the previous iterations of Surfaces, but they will be thankful for their perserverence and finally getting it right.

OP
ctitanic

ctitanic

I don’t subscribe to the OP’s premise that people are saying SP3 is not selling well. Microsoft (as usual) do not release specific numbers, but every indication I’ve seen from local sales figures (including pre-orders, shipments, and current stock), online reviews, and word-of-mouth, is that SP3 is selling like hotcakes. From my sense of things, there are a lot more people who want this machine but the biggest barrier right now seems to be price. MS clearly has a winner with this machine and if they can address the price point with secondary adopters, I won’t say they’ll be able to recoup the losses from the previous iterations of Surfaces, but they will be thankful for their perserverence and finally getting it right.
It's not my premise, few days ago the Web was inundated with articles about Microsoft canceling the Surface because it was selling well.

SeeVuPlay

Those articles are baseless and one of the issues MS is facing. its tough to gain a percent of sales overall, so every sale matters for MS....then some idiot feels threatened at the potential of the surface and decides to write a negative article to put doubt out there....probably some ipad lover

malberttoo

It's not my premise, few days ago the Web was inundated with articles about Microsoft canceling the Surface because it was selling well.

Most likely those articles were sponsored on some level by Apple, with the impending release of a new iPad. You know I'm probably right... :D