What's new

How the SP3 and I rang in the new year..

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
My view last night for New Years. Me controlling the lighting at my husbands disco gig at a local pub (Video taken after we'd set up but before everything started).

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...155&authkey=!APc-9Lky4X1z5Oo&ithint=video,mp4

I like using the Surface Pro 3 for this as I find it's useful (in the absence of a hardware controller) to use the pen on the sliders on the touchscreen as it gives so much more accuracy than a finger (and much more direct than a mouse/trackpad) I do have to keep reminding myself that because the surface has palm-block I can't touch any of the other buttons while the pen is near the screen, which is a shame as sometimes I'd like to slide and press at the same time. Is there a way to turn palm-block off for this application?

It was a good night though, not sure people really appreciated the light show, but they were impressed with the set up (and it sounded good too).

ptrkhh

I do have to keep reminding myself that because the surface has palm-block I can't touch any of the other buttons while the pen is near the screen, which is a shame as sometimes I'd like to slide and press at the same time. Is there a way to turn palm-block off for this application?
I know this is not the best solution, but an Adonit Jot iPad stylus (2-3mm tip) would solve this particular issue.

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know this is not the best solution, but an Adonit Jot iPad stylus (2-3mm tip) would solve this particular issue.
Yes I guess that's one way though I did sometimes use the surface pen's button to select things from a context menu, not a biggie though if I can be arsed to use the track pad...

OP
Moonsurface

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
No reason why not :) My husband uses a Macbook pro for djing, but he could even use the £90 Linx Windows tablet he just bought at a pinch if everything else went wrong.