What's new

Solved how to disable Metro apps from starting up with Windows

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Autorun currently only controls Win32 Applications and the WinRT Subsystem controls Universal Apps (formally known as MUI or Metro Apps)

OP
RémiM

RémiM

Autorun currently only controls Win32 Applications and the WinRT Subsystem controls Universal Apps (formally known as MUI or Metro Apps)

Ok, that helps me a lot. Thank you.

My only way to get rid of Skype(32bit) is then to uninstall it, and use the x64 version (desktop one)? That sucks. I can't uninstall all my apps just to prevent them from autostart. What would be the point of having the MUI interface then ?

Could it be the consequence of some apps connected to onedrive. It will explain why my Metro OneNote always starts by itself as a background process, even if my desktop OneNote is turned off.

When the SP3 connects to a network, it syncs to onedrive automatically (which is the behavior I want). So maybe some apps are connected my onedrive account and would automatically start to sync and run in background ? It would be a good reason to explain why they keep turning on even if I kill them.

OP
RémiM

RémiM

Right-click the app tile on the start menu and disable live tile, then restart windows.....
Thanks for your answer !

Already done for Skype(32bit) and it doesnt work. No live tile selection for Reader and OneNote apps.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
The bit that you are seeing with Skype is connected to the CommService and OneDrive is tied to the file system, outside an uninstall I don't think you will remove that service...

OP
RémiM

RémiM

The bit that you are seeing with Skype is connected to the CommService and OneDrive is tied to the file system, outside an uninstall I don't think you will remove that service...

Ok, thanks for the diagnostic. If there is a good reason, I can live with it.
Have a nice week-end