What's new

How to put Itunes music library on microsd card?

butters149

Hello,I was just wondering if it was possible to put the iTunes music library on the microsd card instead of the main HD?

mtalinm

i think you just go to Preferences inside iTunes and under Advanced or something it asks where you want the library.

doing this in Windows Music Player has proved impossible though

machistmo

i think you just go to Preferences inside iTunes and under Advanced or something it asks where you want the library.

doing this in Windows Music Player has proved impossible though

iTunes should not require the Surface hack to access the data on the card. The current Metro Apps configuration requires you to 'hack' or redirect the OS to the SD card in order to access data on the SDCARD from Metro apps. .

SD card and libraries or other sites that offer complete walk-throughs.

A better way to store media on Microsoft Surface RT: SD cards, junction points and the command prompt Cant seem to find the PaulT walk through, though I tend to find his stuff annoying, I seem to recall it being better than either of those links..

The bottom line is you create a folder on C: called SD or whatever and then use disk manager to point it to your SD card after you create the Pictures, Music and Movies folders on the SD. Once that link is a library, Metro apps can see the card.

I do not believe that this should be required for ITunes if its a desktop application. I use media player instead of XBOX Music and bypass the need to hack the OS, though I have hacked mine for good measure. I just need to reformat the card to NTFS and I currently have all my music on it in FAT32 and have been too busy to bother.

Last edited: