How to set up SP2 Dock in UK?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface Accessories' started by TwiggyShip, Dec 13, 2014.

1. TwiggyShip

TwiggyShip Member

Hi there,

Just received my SP2 Docking Station from my uncle in the US through the post (very hard to get hold of otherwise!). Unfortunately, however, it is of course using a USA mains plug.

To any other UK Docking Stations users out there, how best would you go about setting up the dock? Do I need to buy a voltage converter or anything?

Please let me know :)

2. GreyFox7

GreyFox7 Super Moderator Staff Member

The Power Adapter accepts 100-240v input as indicated on the label. you could just change the mains cable or use an adapter.

Comment on Amazon:
    "It's an intelligent charger. It can use both 110v and 230v. I live in Denmark and here we use 230v and it Works fine. It delivers 12v dc."​

3. TwiggyShip

TwiggyShip Member

So are you saying that I could use the UK-plug from my SP2 wall charger? Because I believe that provides 250v, so is that not 10v too much?

4. GreyFox7

It's good.
    http://wikitravel.org/en/Electrical_systems
    "Start by taking a look at the back of the device you want to use. If it says something like "100-240V, 50/60 Hz", it will work anywhere in the world with the right plugs."​

5. TwiggyShip

TwiggyShip Member

Thank you. I just docked my SP2 for the first time and now I feel fantastic, been waiting so long for this puppy to arrive.

Many thanks!

6. GreyFox7

Electronics school joke:
    Electronics work on the smoke principal; when they lose their smoke they quit working. :)