What's new

How to set up your Sp3 from start for better performance

Ally84

Hi.
I was thinking if people have advaice or if they wont to share their experience on what to think of when you start your Sp3 for first time to get better performance and better battery time.
Can you uninstall some bloatware or mayby few pograms don't need to run in the background when you start the Sp3.

My tip is youndont need Bluetooth on at all time. The pen still work except the top buttons. This way you can save little bit of battery life.

ctitanic

Disabling BT does not give you a lot more battery life. In another hand, you may experience problems with connected standby that will result in more battery use than what you were trying to save. That's my experience.

erikiksaz

I personally disable all the notification aspects of Windows 8.1. I use my phone for all notifications, my SP3 is meant solely as my laptop/tablet.

This probably just helps with battery life as apps aren't constantly pinging the internet to check for updates.

ctitanic

I personally disable all the notification aspects of Windows 8.1. I use my phone for all notifications, my SP3 is meant solely as my laptop/tablet.

This probably just helps with battery life as apps aren't constantly pinging the internet to check for updates.
This is something I do too. I also use hibernation instead of standby.

jtuck82

This is something I do too. I also use hibernation instead of standby.

How do you use hibernation instead of sleep/connected standby? I can't seem to find this. I've looked through all the power option settings and can only find sleep mode. Thanks