What's new

How would you guys rate the onscreen keyboard compared to the type cover?

raqball

I don't have a typecover so all my typing is on the screen keyboard. I use the split keyboard and it works well. :)

Chris Grew

I use the on board keyboard, when in bed or for speed when out and about and unable to place the SP3 down.

I use the typecover when I am in the motorhome, in the car, for speed when I am moving around and able to put the SP3 down.

I use the Microsoft Wedge bluetooth Keyboard. When at my desk at work or in my study at home. This is small but still gives a full size keyboard. Very good and thoroughly recommended.

For what it is worth I have the Microsoft Wedge bluetooth Mouse and found it almost impossible to use. So I have a smallish mouse connected via the USB port - I have a four port USB adapter when at my desk.

Regards

Chris

Maximus3D

I can't stand the onscreen keyboard in Windows 8.x, it's pretty horrible. If no other alternative exists i do type on it but it kills me a little bit each time.

/ Magnus

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Because my SP3 has replaced my laptop, desktop, and iPad, I use the Type Cover more often than the on-screen keyboard.

cemian

Yea I am not a fan of the on screen keyboard...I only use it when I have to. I definitely prefer to use the type cover keyboard for typing.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I find there is zero key travel with the OSK, the keys are hard and sometimes my fingers get a little sore after a long day. :D

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
the horrid on screen keyboard makes me want to buy an ipad again.
Well I certainly cant agree with that I hated the iPad keyboard more than any I ever used including one I built myself using a cheap mechanical key switch assembly and wrote the driver myself in assembly language including key switch debounce logic.

kristalsoldier

I use the Type Cover virtually 100% of the time and for my purposes it works very well. I'll give it 9.5/10. I use the OSK only when the Type Cover is detached and that too only to key in a URL or maybe a sentence or two. I am working on my next book on the SP3 and the Type Cover is an integral part of the effort.