What's new

Hyper Tube for Youtube

TeknoBlast

I havent tried it today, but if you email the developer, he usually responds within the same day. I had an issue once and responded that very same day.

nipponham

I use HyperTube. It's great but you need to set one thing. Change the default playback to 720p, and you won't have any issues. The freezing happens because by default it will stream at the highest resolution and the buffer can't keep up, no matter your internet speed. This has also been an issue on apple devices using the official youtube app. I have a 50/25mbps connection at home and I still have trouble playing 1080p content without letting it buffer first.
I never understand this kind of thinking; it doesn't work for me so it must not work for everyone else. 1080p works just fine with the right connection.

OP
R

Rich OReilly

My issue is speed related. I just posted another thread discussing WiFi issue when connected at 2.4ghz vs 5ghz.
Thanks for all the feedback.

volksman

Anybody using Hyper Tube for YouTube playback?

I use it as well with no problems and like a few others here actually bought it. The _only_ thing it is missing is a Recommended section like the YT web site provides. I use that quite a bit.

Honestly, it only ever has locked on me once, and that was when I had it open and the tablet went to sleep. If I was a more patient man, it probably would have come back, but I killed it, reopened and it was fine.

nipponham

I use it as well with no problems and like a few others here actually bought it. The _only_ thing it is missing is a Recommended section like the YT web site provides. I use that quite a bit.
Not missing, just not set by default. Swipe left from Home and press the + button to bring up a menu to add pages to your Home screen. The very bottom should be "My Stuff", and from there you can add "Recommended", among other things. X button at the top right corner clears it from Home.

volksman

Not missing, just not set by default. Swipe left from Home and press the + button to bring up a menu to add pages to your Home screen. The very bottom should be "My Stuff", and from there you can add "Recommended", among other things. X button at the top right corner clears it from Home.

Thanks for this!

spinachpie

If you had an option to send clips to your TV (like on youtube wesbite/official android app), I would use it more often.

nipponham

If you had an option to send clips to your TV (like on youtube wesbite/official android app), I would use it more often.
You're right, it doesn't have a pairing code option, but it doesn't need it. Select "Device" via the Charms bar or keyboard and select your tv (or another device) to send to and this does the same thing. Just easier with no code to enter.