What's new

I bought Microsoft Complete today...

malberttoo

Is there a Microsoft store by you? I would imagine you can just go there and swap.

According to a couple other members, Microsoft has stopped doing this, instead making you contact support to get a replacement. I was surprised to hear it. But apparently you can't walk into the store anymore and get a NIB replacement.

I would love for someone to comment on if they know anything different.

Last edited:

Liam2349

According to a couple other members, Microsoft has stopped doing this, instead making you contact support to get a replacement. I was surprised to hear it. But apparently you can't walk into the store anymore and get a NIB replacement.

I would for someone to comment on if they know anything different.
I hope not. Having amazing customer support, which is what an easy swap at the nearest store is, will really help them with consumer trust and sales.

jtuck82

I would love for someone to comment on if they know anything different.

I'm really considering buying MS Complete for my SP3 but I would also like to know if you can just swap it out at a MS store. Has anyone else had recent experience with needing a replacement and using their MS Complete Warranty, or if I have an issue later down the road after the SP4 comes out, I can pay a small difference and upgrade to the new SP4. Anyways, my main concern is if I can just go to a store and get a replacement. I only have 4 more days to purchase MS Complete. Thanks.

Liam2349

I'm really considering buying MS Complete for my SP3 but I would also like to know if you can just swap it out at a MS store. Has anyone else had recent experience with needing a replacement and using their MS Complete Warranty, or if I have an issue later down the road after the SP4 comes out, I can pay a small difference and upgrade to the new SP4. Anyways, my main concern is if I can just go to a store and get a replacement. I only have 4 more days to purchase MS Complete. Thanks.

I don't know about swapping it in a store, but I've decided against it because it's covered on my home insurance, even out of the house, and because there's no guarantee of a new device through MS Complete.

mitchellvii

I pay 25 bucks a month with DirecTV And they cover all of my electronics, tvs, computers and tablets in case something breaks. Have a ton of stuff here so worth it. Was already paying $8 a month just to insure the DirecTV stuff so it's only $17 extra.

Also no refurb crap. They repair or replace with new or better. If I break my SP3 2 years from now they could literally replace it with a new SP5.

Last edited:

Telstar1948

This is what will probably influence my decision to buy Complete, the time to get a replacement. If my SP3 breaks and I have Complete, I expect them to send me a new one that same day with next day delivery by 12PM. (unless it is past their UPS collection point)

My home insurance covers my SP3 out of the house, but my home insurance won't be next day.

Most HO policies have a hefty deductible, and many policies only provide coverage for named perils for contents items (anything not part of the house structure itself). If that's your scenario, your SP3 would only be covered in the event one of the named perils applies to your loss. Of course, there are other types of HO policies, particularly in one country or another, so your coverage may be better. Always a good idea to check that out with your agent just to be sure.

Liam2349

Most HO policies have a hefty deductible, and many policies only provide coverage for named perils for contents items (anything not part of the house structure itself). If that's your scenario, your SP3 would only be covered in the event one of the named perils applies to your loss. Of course, there are other types of HO policies, particularly in one country or another, so your coverage may be better. Always a good idea to check that out with your agent just to be sure.

I checked everything out on the phone. It's covered completely.

It doesn't have to be listed, it's covered in and out of the house for theft, accidental damage and whatever else can happen. There is a £100 excess on a claim, which hopefully will never happen, but I can't predict the future so it's nice to know I will have options if anything goes wrong.

raqball

Another option to look at is Squaretrade. I always use them for my phone coverage. For laptops priced between $1000-$1500 the plan costs $165 for 2 years of coverage and it has a $75 deductible.

Microsoft Complete is by far the better deal but squaretrade also offers coverage.

http://www.squaretrade.com/laptop-warranty

Sassi

It seems Microsoft complete isn't available for me here in Australia :( Just got to hope I don't break that screen o_O