What's new

I have not used the pen yet

bulls96

WHo else is like me?

Have not had to use the pen much. Nor have any need to use it.

Is this something you forced into your workflow?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I use the pen in any situation I would normally use a pad of paper, then it becomes habitual because you never lose your notes :)

JesseDiaz

I use the pen all the time...not just in OneNote.....in Excel too. I also use it as a PDF annotator. I am always reviewing notes, reports, etc and I find it invaluable.
I even use it in desktop mode because when I have my keyboard angled, its sometimes difficult to click on the icons at the bottom.

scottysize

I use the pen in any situation I would normally use a pad of paper, then it becomes habitual because you never lose your notes :)

So because you told me this, and someone else gave like 10 examples of why its better to write notes, then to type them, I tried writing the other day in a meeting. Nope. Not for me. I went back to typing all of my notes. When I write, I need a soft surface otherwise my writing looks like crap. I have to have a few pieces of paper under the paper I'm writing on. With the SP, obviously, there's no softness to the screen and I find my hand wondering all over the place. Not to mention, my hand needs to rest on the screen and every time I write, my hand moves the page.

So, I'm a typer.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So because you told me this, and someone else gave like 10 examples of why its better to write notes, then to type them, I tried writing the other day in a meeting. Nope. Not for me. I went back to typing all of my notes. When I write, I need a soft surface otherwise my writing looks like crap. I have to have a few pieces of paper under the paper I'm writing on. With the SP, obviously, there's no softness to the screen and I find my hand wondering all over the place. Not to mention, my hand needs to rest on the screen and every time I write, my hand moves the page.

So, I'm a typer.

I've been using TabletPCs so long writing on paper feels as strange to me :D

ipaq_101

I am using the pen with a PET screen protector and I can say it's an awesome experience, can't wait for school to start this fall and use this feature daily.

sirchris

I'm using it for OneNote and PDF annotator. My kids love to use it for Fresh paint or just doodling around.

Seneleron

With the SP2, I used the pen all the time. . for selecting things in menus, etc. I've played with the pen a few times on the SP3, but I haven't really used it at all TBH. It's not that I don't find the concept absolutely awesome, but after all these decades I TYPE faster than I write, and my writing has deteriorated so badly half the time *I* can't decipher it.

cdf3

I haven't used mine much for taking handwritten notes, but it has come in handy quite a few times while browsing the internet. There are times when I'm using it in tablet mode, without the keyboard. I've been to some sites that require me to hover my mouse over certain links to reveal hidden links for menus. The pen has come in handy.

Johnny365

I haven't used my pen ever. It's a nice feature to have, since I got the device 3 weeks ago, I only used it a couple of times to test it out.