I need a different numeric keyboard.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by bugeyed, Oct 12, 2015.

1. bugeyed

bugeyed New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Any chance I can get a "soft" numeric keyboard that is set up properly? The on screen kbd on the Surface is a phone kbd for Peet's sake! I can't get used to using an upside down keypad.
    Note: I'm looking for an inexpensive keyboard creator that allows customizing layout.

Thanks,
    kev

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  2. jrioux

jrioux Active Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Have you tried the Microsoft "Calculator" program or the various Win apps that are available? I'm sure that there is one with a tape, if that's your concern.

3. dld44

dld44 New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Try the Windows Ease of Access On-Screen Keyboard. It has much more functionality than the default version. It is my soft keyboard of choice.
    Start > All Apps > Windows Ease of Access > On-Screen Keyboard (right click and put it on your Task Bar for quick select).
    DaveD

4. bugeyed

bugeyed New Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Hey, thanks for that! That will work for me, if I can get rid of the delay. Entry & sound are 1 second behind tap on screen kbd. I have turned off predictive text & toggled other options & no change. I have not restarted the unit, but am looking for suggestions.
    Standard kbd works fine.
    SP3, i5, 256GB, Win 10

kev

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015