What's new

Solved I need your help

Does your taskbar become persistent if you untick 'Animate Windows when minimizing and maximizing"

• Total voters

Kif

As I've mentioned on another thread I'm having an issue where my taskbar is persistent and it never hides even on the start screen and using Metro UI apps. I know the cause of it but I don't know if it's isolated or it affects all Windows 8.1 tablets. Please try going to System --> Advanced System Settings --> Advanced --> Performance Settings --> Disable "Animate windows when Minimizing and Maximizing."

After that see if your taskbar becauses persistent and answer my poll. Don't worry if you re-enable the setting the taskbar will start working properly again. I can't leave it enabled because it's not compatible with Citrix Receiver client which I use for work.

Attachments

• problem.PNG
    problem.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 371

leeshor

I corrected one word in your poll title - because to become. Hope that's what you meant.

Reactions: Kif

CrippsCorner

No it doesn't mate. It stays whilst my cursor is on the taskbar but as soon as I move it away it disappears.

guymalloc

Nope, doesn't stay on my SP1 either. I seem to remember it did at one time, but a windows update killed it, I think....

Edit: I changed the setting, and to my amazement, the taskbar DID become persistant after a reboot. Changed it back, and taskbar was no more on Start screen!!!!!!!

Last edited: