What's new

I still have some love for my iPad

scottysize

I was never able to put my iPad Air down. There's just things it does that no other tablet does. It's the perfect device. I tried to put it down the first day I got my SP3, and ended up picking the iPad up after a few hours of messing with the SP3.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
this I also find hard to believe.. no way is it a better tablet and I guess that's just YOUR opinion ;)
Keep in mind poster is using the Chunky SP2 not the SP3...so I could see wanting a thinner and lighter device for using in tablet mode, poster also has reasons that are well documented in the forum on why the SP2...

mennogreg

I used an iPad as my browser (Safari) for almost a year when I first got it, and for me there is no comparison to Modern IE. Pages load faster, built-in Flash support, basic ad-block, can download any kind of file, side-by-side windows, and with TouchMe Gesture Control app, can customize multiple finger swipes and taps to switch tabs or windows, can have a lot more tabs open without having to refresh when going back to earlier ones (because of limited RAM), highlight word/sentence and hold to search (instead of just Copy and then holding to paste), and probably more that I can't think of at the moment. Off of the top of my head, the one thing I remember iOS Safari handling far better was Autofill, which was handy when filling out tedious forms.

dniezby

A phone will do that... perhaps any phone.

Agreed... My new love for on the go where I can't use my SP3 - Lumia 1520... I don't have it yet (still waiting for contract to expire) but I will and then, bye bye iPhone, iEverything.

That iPhone 6 really passed me off. Touting all the stuff that the 1520 and even Galaxy phones have had for at least two years as, "the latest technology and NEW"...WHAT!? Total lies.

LOL, the only thing I use my iPhone 5c for now is finding Hot Spots for my Surface. My iPad I gave to my one of my kids who has yet to use it.

dniezby

I still use my iPad as my tablet. Just the right size, long battery life, better browser and generally better as a tablet.

Which iPad has a longer life than the SP3? I have iPad 1 and Air and neither of them are as fast or last as long as my SP3's battery.

The Apple battery is notorious for a short HORRIBLE life. What I mean is, after about a year of use, it doesn't hold a charge for long at all. Same on my iPhone. I have to plug my phone and (had to) my iPad all the time because the battery would die so quickly.

Last edited:

raqball

Apple does a great job of marketing. Their products are beautiful and well built, no doubt about that. What cracks me up is how people react to Apple products. I have a friend who is exactly like many other Apple users. He would always crack on my 4.7 or 5" phones saying they are way to big and that he would never buy a phone that big..

Well guess what.. Apple releases larger phones and guess who runs out and buys one? Yup. Now the bigger phones are where it's at and according to him, Apple nailed it! LOL

He comments on my SP3 asking why you need to combine desktop with tablet. I'd be willing to bet that if Apple released something similar to the Sp3 that it would be the greatest thing since microwave popcorn..

It just makes me giggle how many Apple fans cracked on larger phones for years and now they are breaking their back to get one..

I was a long time Mac user, I've had iPhones and iPad's but was never an iSheep and did not drink the Apple koolaid. I get what works for me.

raqball

Agreed... My new love for on the go where I can't use my SP3 - Lumia 1520... I don't have it yet (still waiting for contract to expire) but I will and then, bye bye iPhone, iEverything.

I looked at the 1520 and man that is one awesome phone.. It's way to big for me though. I went with the Icon and love it!

dniezby

I looked at the 1520 and man that is one awesome phone.. It's way to big for me though. I went with the Icon and love it!

I thought it was too big as well, then I went to see it in person and held it. It was VERY comfortable and not as gargantuan as I thought it would be. For me, this will take the place of my iPad mini. The Icon is also nice though. I believe it has almost the same specs with the exception of size and processor... Oh and Cortana. Does it have Cortana yet?

raqball

I thought it was too big as well, then I went to see it in person and held it. It was VERY comfortable and not as gargantuan as I thought it would be. For me, this will take the place of my iPad mini. The Icon is also nice though. I believe it has almost the same specs with the exception of size and processor... Oh and Cortana. Does it have Cortana yet?

The Icon is still waiting on Verizon to release 8.1. Hopefully soon. I was torn between the 1520 and the Icon. I cycle a lot (30-40 miles a day) and the 1520 was just to big. The Icon fits in my saddlebag whereas the 1520 was not even close to fitting in there.