What's new

I still have some love for my iPad

BobG

What I want is for the product to work as it was advertised and all my Apple products do.

I have a butter knife at home that works just like it ought to. That doesn't mean it compares well to the chest of tools in my garage.

Also I clearly stated that my position was biased by my experience with Apple fanboys and it should also have been obvious that there was good-natured humor intended. I have three iSheep at home who have all ordered iPhone 6's, that doesn't mean we're at each other's throats or threatening to leave.

Kif

Wow. The OP (Me) said he is unhappy with his SP3, and you guys slam him and Apple for it? Yup. Glad I moved on from Microsoft. Call me an iSheep all you want. What I want is for the product to work as it was advertised and all my Apple products do. It's rants like some of you have done that shows the ignorance of MicroSheep.

In the future, if someone has an opinion, try and listen to them, don't bash them like the children you are.

Go ahead mods, ban me. I'll not be returning anyway.

Bye friend

annabanana

Wow smh - has anyone done a study on why people react so emotionally to (perceived) criticism of their favorite device/OS? Maybe I will write a book about it...
I like Microsoft and BlackBerry, does that make me a MicroBlacksheep? :D

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow smh - has anyone done a study on why people react so emotionally to (perceived) criticism of their favorite device/OS? Maybe I will write a book about it...
I like Microsoft and BlackBerry, does that make me a MicroBlacksheep? :D
Bah just a blacksheep but not a Blacksheep.

I still love my iPad, it makes a perfect cheese tray. :D

yonghong

Which iPad has a longer life than the SP3? I have iPad 1 and Air and neither of them are as fast or last as long as my SP3's battery.

The Apple battery is notorious for a short HORRIBLE life. What I mean is, after about a year of use, it doesn't hold a charge for long at all. Same on my iPhone. I have to plug my phone and (had to) my iPad all the time because the battery would die so quickly.
You are kidding , I have iPad 2& ipad4 ,the battery time beat sp3 twice .

raqball

You are kidding , I have iPad 2& ipad4 ,the battery time beat sp3 twice .

My nephew has my old iPad 2 and the battery on it is shot. If he is lucky, he gets a whopping 2 or 3 hours from it.. So based on that, I'd assume the person you responded to was not joking..

leeshor

Sensitive much???

I just re-read this whole thread to find the "slamming" of which you speak, and it's not here.
I did the same and couldn't find anything.

He probably won't see all the people on the Apple forums slamming Microsoft when he gets there. Apple phone forums are filled with people slamming Android users too. You want slamming, go there for a few minutes.

yonghong

My nephew has my old iPad 2 and the battery on it is shot. If he is lucky, he gets a whopping 2 or 3 hours from it.. So based on that, I'd assume the person you responded to was not joking..
No way , but after 3 years using , it could be , my 2 years iPad 4's battery is still going strong , more than 10 hours using, never need to worry about when the battery will be dead, don't listen to others , you should try them by yourself.

raqball

don't listen to others , you should try them by yourself.

No thanks.. I've had every iPad since the 1st one and while they are nice, the SP3 demolishes them in usability..

The iPad is nothing more than a stretched out iPhone. Sure it has great apps but the SP3 is an actual laptop AND a tablet. The iPad simply can't even compare..

thremix

Am admittedly an apple fan, I enjoy the products and think they are well made. The SP3 absolutely reminds me of such quality. I have been so blown away by the performance of the SP3... I recommend it to anyone willing to listen.

My wife now owns my old iPad air, I gave it up because I've developed a habit of having YouTube playing my Rap battles from K.O.D while I surfer the web and such. What is really exciting is that it can play Wasteland 2 and Dead State!!

Using it for play and work has been wonderful, I am absolutely in love with my SP3, and will be buying the best SP4 I can afford when it is released. That's a bif thing for me, I stopped using windows back around 2008, never to return! However with the way windows actually perforce on the surface I will continue to purchase a windows machine as long as Microsoft makes it. I highly suggest anyone looking at the yoga 2 or the surface pro 3 (which is what I was debating between) go with the Sp3 even with half the ram it performs much better. It has been flawless for me.

InspectHerGadget

No way , but after 3 years using , it could be , my 2 years iPad 4's battery is still going strong , more than 10 hours using, never need to worry about when the battery will be dead, don't listen to others , you should try them by yourself.
I've had the iPad2/4 and now the iPad Air. I love it and yes the battery life is huge, way more than an SP3. Apple also have very good battery technology which is good for typically 1000 charge/discharge cycles. It also has sophisticated software to track the state of the battery on their Macbooks, although not their iPad Air.

I much prefer using the iPad if I want to use a tablet as it is about the right size and I like the web browser better than the modern IE. The modern IE suffers from lag when going to previous pages which never happens with the iPad. It is an annoying software feature that they should attack.

The battery life on their products is much better too. I would get more time out of my MBA 11 than an SP3 and it will completely recharge in about 2 hours. The iPad Air has a huge battery life but does take about 5 hours to completely recharge.

It is fine if you buy an SP3 and then live on it day and night and use it as a tablet. If I didn't have the iPad I guess it would get used that way by myself too. I couldn't bring myself to sell the iPad Air though. It has been ideally optimised for use as a tablet only and it shows.

The MacBook Air is not getting used as much now as it used to, as I'm using my SP2/Sp3. One very noticeable good thing about the MBA is it will last months in standby. I'm just finding out now as I'm not using it for a few weeks then find it is still almost fully charged.

Apple make fantastic products and that is why people buy them. It is also true that they got copyright issues sorted early on and now many people have become dependent on their purchases made through Apple and that creates a dependency.

Now it is Microsoft's turn to shine. I was showing a customer of mine how I use the Surface to keep customer cards and how easy it is to search them. She has. an expensive MacBook Pro Retina but even she was quite taken with how useful this could potentially be for her work as a Clinical Psychologist.

It is good to see Microsoft doing well and I respect them highly for making some difficult decisions and starting to listen to customers and building some great products.

Apple and people who love Apple products should be respected too. A smart company making great products that are highly successful.