What's new

i5 the Best Balanced

Rugbyguy541

I totally agree. My friend just got the $800 i3 version and I can tell a big difference in performance. When I was with him getting the i3 they had a set up for the i7 and I played with that, and could tell a severe lack of batter. Love my i5 8gb!

kristalsoldier

I did consider this point carefully before buying my SP3. Of course, there was the consideration about availability too (!). But an analysis of the specs (and that is all I had to go by before I made the purchase) showed me that the i5 with 4GB of RAM would probably be the best option given (1) the power and battery equation and (2) my specific use case scenario (which prevented me from opting for the 8GB/ 256GB option).

the best overall balance of battery life, storage, performance and price is going to be a Surface Pro 3 equipped with a Core i5.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/8341/microsofts-surface-pro-3-core-i3-vs-core-i5-battery-life

Haha, this made me laugh, you should be a movie marketer. The way you lifted that quote to make it read like a conclusion he definitively came to. If you read the actual full sentence, he said he " feels like" the i5 will be the best overall balance....

translation: he is speculating, he has not fully tested, but based on what he has seen with the i5 and i3 testing, he "feels like" it has a good chance to pan out that way.

It could very well turn out to be true, and the writer and Anandtech are very knowledgable and respected. And I'm sure he will do testing on the i7 and write an article. But I thought the way this was presented was misleading and slightly "Hollywood".

daveyp

I totally agree. My friend just got the $800 i3 version and I can tell a big difference in performance. When I was with him getting the i3 they had a set up for the i7 and I played with that, and could tell a severe lack of batter. Love my i5 8gb!
i bet you could :rolleyes:

Len J

Article was comparing I5 w I3.... Conclusion reflected that. No mention of I7. Just saying.

Len