What's new

IE 11 Doesn't Work With Surface Pro 3

Clarpy

Anyone can help here? I've had a lot of problems with my IE 11, what with popups, ads, etc. So I downloaded and installed Webroot. Now I can't get EI to work at all. I can still get emails, but everytime I get on EI it says "This page can't be displayed" and the sign "Fix connection problem" even though I'm connected.

Can anyone help?

Clarpy

bkydcmpr

you probably should contact webroot for the answer, if uninstall it solved the problem.

if you got too many ad popouts, watch out where you are going.

Did it come loaded with IE 11 or was that one of the initial updates you did? If you can, roll it back to IE 10. Control Panel-Programs and features-in the left hand pane click on "view installed updates"-in top right corner in the "search installed updates" field enter "explorer". This should perform a quick search and list the Internet Explorer 11 update, click on it and then click on uninstall. It will uninstall the update and reboot the machine and should reload IE10. The wordings might be a little different as I'm looking on my Windows 7 machine but it should be pretty similar wording. We have a bunch of computers at work and some are automatically updating to IE11 (even though they are set not to... thanks Microsoft) and I have to roll them back because a lot of software that we use only works on IE but it's not yet ready for IE11. I'm the resident geek so I get to deal with all the machines but it's totally random as far as the updates go, we have about 40-50 machines here and so far it's only done it to about 11 of them.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Windows 8.1 ships with IE11 and there is no roll back, the SP2 and SP3 have only come with IE11 Pre-installed