What's new

IE 11 is hands down the best browser for SP3

nuff said. I tried Chrome. Absolutley useless. srs. every textbox u click that OSK appears. Its laggy and feels unstable.

went back to IE 11. so fast and responsive. Im gonna stick With IE for now.

that is it folks.

Liam2349

I started using Firefox recently for Pushbullet.

What I really want to see in IE 11 is swiping back and forwards on the touch pad. They put it in MUI, but not the desktop version - I don't know what they were thinking.

kundas1

they were thinking desktop version is for desktop feel and MUI version is for that touch feel, but why would they have it on both? that's just redundant if you ask me...

Liam2349

they were thinking desktop version is for desktop feel and MUI version is for that touch feel, but why would they have it on both? that's just redundant if you ask me...

It's hardly redundant. Safari and Chrome have it and it works very well.

It's in fact annoying to use IE11 without swiping to go back and forwards - it forces me into MUI where I don't have my extensions.

OP
S

surferpro3

that's what we've been saying all along! but does anyone listen to us? nooooooo :p

I forgot to add, that to avoid the OSK from popping up in chrome I had to open the other OSK and minimize it. which is a hassle. Since everytime i woke it from sleep. the OSK would be non-minimized.

silkrooster

I wouldn't be redundant if it was the same app. Having two apps is redundant. It is not very difficult to have the app sense the keyboard. I have not checked, so it could be that way, but since each has its own preferences, I am assuming they are two separate apps. But again, it could load two difference set of preferences depending on the keyboard or if the start page is active.
I guess I will stop, since I am kind of arguing with myself.

spinachpie

Wow just tried it. The scrolling is really fast and smooth compared to MUI and Chrome.

However the loading of pages does feel a bit slower compared to Chrome. That has always been my issue with IE and FF compared to Chrome

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow just tried it. The scrolling is really fast and smooth compared to MUI and Chrome.

However the loading of pages does feel a bit slower compared to Chrome. That has always been my issue with IE and FF compared to Chrome
Chromes apparent speed is all an illusion of display manipulation and prefetching. The higher resource usage is the cost of that illusion along with your tracking data. They would have to pay me to use Chrome. Specifically why should Google make money off of users data without paying them for it. Convincing you to use Chrome increases their take from just search driven data to everything you do. However Google will never marry you because you are giving your milk for free. :)