What's new

IE 8 / IE11 issues

AnitaC

Hi everyone!

I have a Surface 2 that is been working good so far, but recently I had a problem with the Internet Explorer - I can't access most of the websites or I can't view them properly.

This is the information I got from the windows.Microsoft.com website:

Guess what? Your system already has the latest version installed! (IE11)

But when I try to access a lot of websites the message says that I have an old browser or it shows a crazy view of the page. My configurations are updated so I don't understand what to do.

I appreciate your help and support.

leeshor

Could you provide more info about not being able to access websites, like errors you may be getting? A screen shot or photo of a site that doesn't display correctly might also help.

OP
AnitaC

AnitaC

Hi there.
There is always a pop up from the windows saying that the information may pose serious risk; also the pages show a weird and old view; they may also don't load saying that I have an old browser and that I should download the latest one from Windows (but on the Microsoft page it says that I have the latest and also on the PC settings - IE11).
I attached some pics. This happens on both desktop and start IE.
Thank you so much!

Attachments

• Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    276.4 KB · Views: 424
  • Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    60.9 KB · Views: 405
  • Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    40.2 KB · Views: 408
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    628.7 KB · Views: 451
  • Screenshot (4).png
    Screenshot (4).png
    27.7 KB · Views: 441

leeshor

Lots going on there but I'm still not seeing where the problem may be. On one of those pages it speaks of a plugin needed. One of those may in fact be a security risk, (what site was it)?

OP
AnitaC

AnitaC

Sorry, it is in Portuguese. It says that I need to have the latest Internet Explorer version. That one is Zara.com
In every site keeps showing that it may be a security risk and if I wish to continue... I just put an example there of a website.
I really have no clue what it may be and I'm thinking of reset it.