What's new

Solved IE on SP3?

dniezby

Anyone have this problem with MUI IE on their SP3 when they try to save a photo from a page?

I'm posting it here because I only seem to have the problem on my SP3

bluegrass

I have a USB mouse. I right clicked and it let me save the picture. I also am just running Defender for my anti-virus.

OP
dniezby

dniezby

No symptoms. I just long tap, it brings up the options, I choose save picture and then I get the "Network Path Not Found" error.

It's just baffling me. I can't seem to find any settings or anything that might be causing it either.

mennogreg

I'm getting this same error in Modern IE also.

Back around when I first got the SP3, I created a home network with my SP1, but I never configured it to save images from Modern IE to the other SP1, so I'm not sure what exactly caused this error.

EDIT: I disabled my HomeGroup, still get the same error message.

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
This means the last "Saved Location" was a Network Location. . . use desktop IE and do a save to change the location

mennogreg

Darn, I was hopeful that would have fixed it. Tried changing the location in desktop IE, images save fine wherever I choose to put them, once I try to do so with Modern IE, I get the same error code again.

mennogreg

I managed to fix it. Thanks to jnjroach for getting me on the right track. Will list how I did so for future reference to others who may have exhibited this problem.

First, create a System Restore point, just to be safe.

Open up File Explorer, right-click in the navigation pane and select "Show Libraries". Right-click on PICTURES library and select PROPERTIES.

It'll show a window with your picture library folder locations; if you have a few listed there, or perhaps none at all, that's what's likely causing the problem with Modern IE. Click on RESTORE DEFAULTS, and then APPLY. It should only show one folder there now, your default Pictures folder. Go back to Modern IE and test to see if pictures save.