What's new

I'm returning my Surface after 2 days :C

Ozozuz

Well, the yellow line on the left side of my Surface isn't a big problem, i can del with it, i have to force myself to see it but... the yellow tint af all my display is unbearable.
I simply can't use it near another one because the comparison brings out this problem in an incredible way.
I tried to compensate this problem by changing the color settings in the intel graphic panel, but not 'help at all, the display is faulty.

Farther i can't watch a video on youtube even with IE for more than 5 minutes without have the fan at max speed, making the surface can not be taken in hand without gloves, obviously I can not even play anything or do qualsisi slightly challenging activities.

Do you suggest me to use the : Surface Pro 3 - Replacement warranty or the Surface Pro 3 - Advanced Replacement Warranty ?

Since the Surface has only 2 days, i would like to recive a NEW one, not a Microsoft Certified device :C

http://imgur.com/aUqWRwz
http://imgur.com/c3UNywD

Last edited:

unruledboy

sorry about that. i am not sure about the warranty, but it might just be a faulty device, try another one should be fine. I don't have any issue with my unit.

mitchellvii

It's not just the Surface Pro 3. Any new launch technology I have ever early adopted on has had its share of "lemons" that make it out of the barn. Since you've had it only two days, why not just return or exchange it?

OP
O

Ozozuz

It's not just the Surface Pro 3. Any new launch technology I have ever early adopted on has had its share of "lemons" that make it out of the barn. Since you've had it only two days, why not just return or exchange it?

I requested the replacement of the product under warranty a few minutes ago, tomorrow morning I'm going to send the package by ups, I hope they do soon: C

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
When you said next to another one I thought you meant another Surface. That ASUS is very bright and would hurt my eyes. Regardless Is the ASUS color calibrated? You might see a difference it you color calibrated these devices and sometimes they can be maladjusted. The Surface Screen was highly rated but that doesn't mean its not off or even defective.

How you return it may depend on where you got it and where you are. Definitely contact them about a possible exchange.

OP
O

Ozozuz

When you said next to another one I thought you meant another Surface. That ASUS is very bright and would hurt my eyes. Regardless Is the ASUS color calibrated? You might see a difference it you color calibrated these devices and sometimes they can be maladjusted. The Surface Screen was highly rated but that doesn't mean its not off or even defective.

How you return it may depend on where you got it and where you are. Definitely contact them about a possible exchange.

The asus had a higher brightness of the surface in that picture and also there was light coming from the window, in any case I compared with more display "but not directly with another surface, if not through photo", such us my Desktop BenQ 1080p , my HTC One and the Asus and they all have the same range of colors, so the surface seems to be "wrong".

Ps.
This is the comparaison with the BenQ witch is well calibrated
http://imgur.com/d6rde0g
http://imgur.com/p0sfANQ

mitchellvii

When I first bought a new Galaxy Tab S with the super amoled screen some folks in the forums were complaining of a yellow cast to their screen. Apparently yellow is a problem with screen manufacture in general. Other than the yellow smudge down the left hand side, my screen has no yellow.

kozak79

This is similar to what Apple had with the iPad and iPhone 5. Both of mine had Yellow tint to the screens, which was noticeable when compared with iPhone 4s. It turned out to be a manufacturing defect in one of the plants that made the screens, where the glue used to adhere the glass to the digitizer gave off a yellow tint. They fixed the issue and I was able to swap out to a device without the yellow tint. My current SP3 25gb i7 has no yellow line or yellow tint. Don't settle, exchange it.

benjitek

I requested the replacement of the product under warranty
Being as the device hasn't been out that long, you have a better chance of receiving a new and not refurbished one -- but the terms of the warranty do permit refurbished replacements. Even so, it won't have been used that long if you do receive a 'refurb'.

With my SP2, it 3 replacements to get a good one -- being as each time I was under that 30 day warranty, I would return one and purchase another instead of using the extended warranty I'd purchased.

OP
O

Ozozuz

Being as the device hasn't been out that long, you have a better chance of receiving a new and not refurbished one -- but the terms of the warranty do permit refurbished replacements. Even so, it won't have been used that long if you do receive a 'refurb'.

With my SP2, it 3 replacements to get a good one -- being as each time I was under that 30 day warranty, I would return one and purchase another instead of using the extended warranty I'd purchased.

I'm not sure I understand, should i ask for a return and purchase another one instead of to require the replacement ?

Maybe with a "fixed" one i have more chance to get a good one compared with a brand new one...

Dunnow :C

benjitek

...Maybe with a "fixed" one i have more chance to get a good one compared with a brand new one...
I'd say you have a good chance of getting a 'fixed' one either way. From your pictures, you clearly have a defective screen -- I've seen several demo's units in stores, and their screens are all gorgeous.

The return and repurchase option is just a way to be completely sure you're getting another brand-new device as opposed to a refurb, which may not even matter to you -- but being within your 30-day return window, it is an option available to you.

OP
O

Ozozuz

I'd say you have a good chance of getting a 'fixed' one either way. From your pictures, you clearly have a defective screen -- I've seen several demo's units in stores, and their screens are all gorgeous.

The return and repurchase option is just a way to be completely sure you're getting another brand-new device as opposed to a refurb, which may not even matter to you -- but being within your 30-day return window, it is an option available to you.

Well, thank you for all you answers, tomorrow morning i will call them about wondering what is the fastest way "because 'that's what matters to me most".

I'll let you know :D