Inking in Adobe Reader

Discussion in 'Microsoft Surface General Discussion' started by Tsurugaya, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Tsurugaya

Tsurugaya Active Member

Now that I have the SP3 I started to use the pen as my primary annotation tool in Adobe Reader. I know it has a pencil tool (looks more like a pencil than a pen) and I tried it a few times unsuccessfully with a mouse. Hence, I looked forward to trying it again now that I actually hold a "pencil" in my hand. Lo and behold, the inking is horrible, nothing at all like Journal or OneNote.
    I realize that there are other annotators out there, but Reader has some tools that I like and I'm too lazy to learn a new application. Does anyone know if Adobe is working on improving their inking capability?

2. malberttoo

malberttoo Super Moderator Staff Member

My Device:
    SPro3
    Hi, I don't know what Adobe may do in the future. The Surface is on their radar though, as of course they were a major star in the keynote with Panos Panay.

Some options though are Drawboard PDF, which I really like for annotating PDF's.

I used to use PDF Annotator back in the day, but it's a little pricey, and not nearly as good on a touch device IMHO as Drawboard.

Hope it helps.